Corporate Facilities, Buildings and Grounds
Perform daily landscaping duties at various SugarCreek locations like cutting the grass, watering plants and trimming plants. Provide landscaping support to Corporate Facilities Manager on larger SugarCreek landscaping projects. Monitor outdoor areas while at SugarCreek locations for any unsafe conditions like fallen tree debris after storms or ice on the walkways and take necessary steps to remove any unsafe conditions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure plant lawn is always well-maintained by mowing grass on a regular basis using a riding lawnmower, string trimmer or heavier tractor equipment if needed.
- Operate string trimmer and edger to remove overgrowth to maintain clean and neat appearance for outdoor areas.
- Maintain and clean all equipment regularly while reviewing safety features and hazards of all tools and machines utilized on an ongoing and regular basis.
- Perform routine maintenance and prescribed preventative maintenance on the buildings, facilities or grounds (both interior and exterior).
- Perform typical maintenance tasks to support the facilities and various other work locations.
- Undergo regular training sessions with Corporate Facilities Manager on safety, hazards and proper use of all current tools and equipment as well as on any new equipment that may be acquired.
- Water entire lawn area and all plants daily, ensuring even coverage across entire premises.
- Spread fertilizer, plant food, mulch and other materials around plants as needed.
- Remove weeds, leaves and dead plants from premises on a regular basis.
- Use leaf blower to clear walkways and pedestrian areas after lawn maintenance.
- Treat lawn and landscaping with pesticides to remove harmful insects.
- Maintain the existing landscaping design and plant life, trimming and pruning trees and bushes regularly.
- Plant new flowers, bushes, plants and decorative shrubs under direction of Corporate Facilities Manager.
- Keep parking lot and walkways clear of snow and ice using salt and heavier equipment like snow blowers when necessary.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow Sugar Creek Packing Co. safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
Experience: 1+ year in landscaping/grounds keeping role preferred.
Certification or Licensure Requirements: None.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Know how to safely operate various lawn tools, riding mowers and tractor equipment.
- Able to read and comprehend printed and electronic information such as safety/warning labels and training documents.
- Possess adequate hand dexterity to manipulate or move objects.
- Able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Know how to strictly adhere to all safety instructions for various types of equipment.
- Able to follow directions on various types of tasks.
- Know how to strictly follow safety procedures at all times.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with grounds keeping positions, including mostly walking, riding lawn mower or working with various lawn tools. Other physical activity like carrying bags of different lawncare products or moving items weighing less than 60lbs will be required on regular basis.
Some travel to other locations is required.
All work is performed outside of the manufacturing facility and requires use of various hand tools and lawn equipment and other potentially heave and hazardous machinery. Safety wear is required, including industrial-strength gloves, long pants, steel-toed boots, protective eyewear, hearing protection and other necessary equipment.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Engineering and Maintenance
- Job Function Indirect
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Creek Rd., 4360 Creek Rd, Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America