CCT Paramedic Edward
Naperville, IL, USA ● Plainfield, IL, USA
Friday, April 30, 2021
The CCT Paramedic will provide care and treatment of chronically or acutely ill and/or injured patients transported by Edward Ambulance as stipulated by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the System Medical Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide high quality care to patients in the transport environment under the direction of the EMS System Medical Director and Program Medical Director in accordance with EMS System Standing Medical Orders, policies and Critical Care policies, protocols and standards of care.
- Autonomously evaluate critically ill or injured patients of all age groups (pediatric through adult), provide therapeutic intervention, emergency interventions, and preparation for transport from home, hospitals or other care facilities.
- Assess for and detect changes in the status of patients and demonstrate a proactive approach to solving patient and family problems.
- Plan, organize and position equipment and supplies for use in emergency conditions before, during and after transport.
- Maintain complete and accurate records, participate in quality assurance programs, perform data collection and participate in any special projects.
- Maintain clinical proficiency across all aspects of the expanded scope of practice including care of patients with neurological emergencies, cardiac emergencies, pediatric emergencies, obstetrical emergencies, traumatic emergencies, and any other patient populations transported by the Critical Care Division.
- Collaborate with other members of the team, coworkers, leadership, other healthcare partners and customers.
Clinical Supervision is provided by the Clinical Manager, Program Medical Director, EMS Medical Director or designee. The Expanded Scope Paramedic position does not have any inherent supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum 2 years of ALS experience.
- CCT-P Paramedic certification.
- Demonstrated Leadership e.g. FTO, PIC or Preceptor
EXPECTATIONS FOR FURTHER TRAINING
Within Three (3) Months
- Current certification in AHA BLS, ACLS, PALS or PEPP
- Current trauma certification in ITLS, PHTLS