Bellwood Building Inspector
Municipal Management Services, Inc. a subsidiary of Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Inc. has an immediate opening for a Full-time Building Inspector.
Under the Direction of the Building Commissioner the Building Inspector’s responsibilities are:
· Inspects all aspects of construction including residential dwellings, commercial and industrial buildings for compliance with model codes and approved plans
· Performs elementary plan reviews, approves and issues building permits
· Answers model code questions from the public and carries out code enforcement duties
· Maintains a cooperative working relationship with property owners, contractors, design professionals, fellow employees and the public.
· Prepare and serve violation notices and tickets when needed.
· Maintain all files relating to and schedules of follow-up inspections for violations and tickets issued.
· Prepare and present cases that appear at the bi-monthly adjudication hearings for non-compliance.
· All inspectors shall be able to multi-task in a fast passed environment.
· Provides excellent customer service skills.
· Demonstrates good knowledge of state and local codes.
· Is an effective communicator displaying good written and oral skills.
· Expresses professional opinions, based on knowledge and experience, with confidence.
· Maintains composure and self-control when confronting potentially volatile situations.
· Possesses and uses good analytical skills when researching model code questions.
· Performs duties for the Finance Department as a Meter Reader when required. These duties may be assigned on a rotational basis to meet the needs of the village.
Operate a variety of office equipment including telephones, computers, copy machines and facsimile machines; input and retrieve data and text.
· Prepare daily, monthly and any additional reports requested by management;
· Operate Microsoft Windows & Office Software (Word, Excel, Power Point) at a basic level, toinclude the ability to:
1. Copy and paste
2. Cut and paste
3. Print a selected sentence, word or paragraph
4. Click on a picture to enlarge it
5. How to rename a picture
6. Tell the difference between a folder or sub-folder
7. Return to a previously reviewed page either by switching or closing a screen
8. View to two files at the same time on the screen
1. Perform additional related duties as assigned, to include but not limited to, assisting Permit Clerks when needed or covering lunch breaks for Permit Clerks.
2. Assist the other Village personnel and departments as required.
3. Train other Building Inspectors personnel as required.
Ideal candidates will have:
· High school degree or equivalent
· Current and valid driver’s license
· Good Driving Record
· Preference will be given to Bellwood residents with the required qualifications.
· Possess an International Code Council (ICC) certification as Property Maintenance & Housing Inspector or obtain the certification within six months of being hired.
· Applicant is required to obtain an International Code Council (ICC) certification as a Residential Inspector within one year of being hired.
· The salary for this position is $17.50 per hour.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Bellwood, IL, USA