EMS Educator - Southfield
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is the largest independent, locally owned and operated Emergency Medical Service provider in Northern Illinois and Northwest Indiana, Michigan and Ohio. We provide wheelchair transportation, Basic Life Support, Advanced Life Support, and Critical Care Ground Transportation, as well as Critical Care Rotary Air Transportation. Much of our proven success is attributable to the exceptional, compassionate customer service provided by our employees.
The EMS Educator works directly under the Director of Education instructing EMT classes. The EMS Educator is responsible for planning, scheduling, and instructing the classes, as well as scheduling guest speakers/instructors for the class.
Duties of the Position:
• Teach all aspects of an EMT course as assigned (includes didactic and EMT skill set component.)
• Participates in compilation and record keeping of all required forms, waivers, physicals, required by the EMT Program and its partners.
• Maintains records as required by local EMS Agency, as well as State EMS Authority and NREMT (National Association of EMTs)
• Maintain records as mandated for the EMT CE (Continuing Education) Program
• Partake in inventory, ordering and receiving supplies and equipment for the EMT Program.
• Engage in emergency preparedness drill opportunities with our students
• Maintains office hours and participates in department agendas.
• Participation and implementation of departmental and program reviews.
• Completes additional faculty responsibilities, including AHA/NAEMT course offerings as well as orientation trainings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Needs to be personable with good organizational and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a fluid environment and demonstrate improvisational skills.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of HIPAA, OSHA, and other related areas.
- Should be well versed in company policies and procedures as written in the employee handbook.
- Keeps a flexible schedule in order to be available when needed.
- Must be able to present information to adult learners in a controlled environment.
- Knowledgeable and able to demonstrate the mechanics of proper lifting, driving and maintaining ambulances, CPR, reporting, and other job related responsibilities for EMT’s and Paramedics.
- Demonstrates employee advocacy.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- State licensed Paramedic
- Ability to demonstrate and lead all aspects of the EMT/Paramedic job
- IL EMS Lead Instructor License
- CPR Instructor
- Superior Employee Preferred
Preferred: ACLS/PALS certification; BTLS/PHTLS certification; HAZMAT Awareness certification; PEPP certification; GEMS certification
- Pay Type Hourly
- Southfield, MI, USA