Chicago Heights- Paramedic
independent, locally owned and operated Emergency Medical Service provider in Illinois, Northwest Indiana, Wisconsin and Michigan. We provide wheelchair transportation, Basic Life Support, Advanced Life Support, and Critical Care Ground Transportation, as well as Critical Care Rotary Air Transportation. Much of our proven success is attributable to the exceptional, compassionate customer service provided by our employees.
Paramedic- Job Summary:
Paramedic direct patient care, under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Physician, of all age groups from neonate through geriatric. This position may assist with patient transfers, repositioning, transporting of patients, obtaining supplies, or specimens, and any other duties as deemed necessary to ensure optimal patient care and physician service. In addition to full responsibility and accountability for the pre-hospital care for the patient, including all necessary medical and billing documentation.
Paramedic Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in triaging patients under the direction of the RN
- Provide medical care for patient at the Paramedic level within scope of practice.
- Participates in patient care duties and treatments as directed by physician or nursing staff.
- Performs Glucometer and pulse oximeter readings.
- Performs phlebotomies.
- Performs waiting room reassessments at appropriate intervals and provide appropriate patient care as stipulated in their training as an Paramedic.
- To provide safe transportation, to include accurately
discerning street names through map reading, the ability to correctly distinguish house numbers, and addresses of business locations, in the most expedient manner, is essential.
- To appropriately assess a patient and accurately convey the condition to other
- Illinois EMT-P Licensure
- Valid driver’s license
- 18 years of age
- ACLS Certification
- PHTLS /BTLS
- Field Experience
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Certification
- Chicago Heights, IL, USA