Cash Application Clerk
Cash Applications Clerk
Under administrative review, is responsible for initiating and coordinating the clerical functions for application of payments to their respective patient accounts.
The Cash Applications Clerk can also perform the clerical duties of other clerks when needed, as well as participate in special projects and clerical duties in other sections of the Accounts Receivable department when appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Post payments to respective patient accounts (Superior private/insurance, Illinois Medicar private/insurance, Medicare, Public Aid, Railroad, and Collection Agency).
- Balance all payments that were posted on a daily basis.
- File and maintain paperwork pursuant to Cash Application.
- Research payments based on request of department staff.
- Post and balance refunds when needed.
- Perform the clerical duties of other Cash Applications clerks when needed, as well as in other sections of Accounts Receivable when needed.
- Fulfill any other related duties, as assigned by managerial or supervisory staff.
Knowledge Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer literate, proficient in Word and Excel applications, and good keyboard and calculator typing skills (minimum 30 WPM, with a focus on accuracy).
- Must have a good understanding of basic mathematical operations, as well as the ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
- Needs to be detail oriented.
- Must have good problem solving abilities.
- Possess good organizational skills.
Required: High School diploma or equivalency
Preferred: EMT-Basic or EMT-Paramedic licensed; any previous accounting data entry and/or medical billing, processing, or coding experience
While performing the duties
of the job, the employee is consistently required to sit for extended periods;
use hands, fingers, handle, feel; and talk, hear & see.
The employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally required to work under high pressure in a fast-paced environment.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly in verbal contact with others and constantly works face-to-face with and around others. The employee must be able to adapt to changing environmental conditions.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Elmhurst, IL, USA