Cash Application Representative
Under administrative review, is responsible for gathering and depositing checks / cash to the proper bank accounts. Other clerical duties to be performed would be sorting and distributing mail in a multi-company environment—including general administrative functions, as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Checks - large volume funds depositing for multiple companies:
• Check scanning
• Cash deposits
• Collection reporting
• Balancing collection activity
2. Mail collection, sorting and distribution:
• Daily visits to the post office to pick up/drop off documents
• Mail sorting
• Mail distribution
• Must be able to sort large volumes of documents accurately.
3. Balance all payments that were posted on a daily basis.
4. File and maintain paperwork pursuant to Cash Application.
5. Fulfill any other related duties, as assigned by managerial or supervisory staff.
6. Address deposit issues and discrepancies.
7. General administration:
• Excel spreadsheets
Knowledge Skills, and Abilities:
1. Computer literate, proficient in Word and Excel applications, and good keyboard and calculator typing skills (minimum 30 WPM, with a focus on accuracy).
2. Must have a good understanding of basic mathematical operations, as well as the ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
3. Needs to be detail oriented.
4. Must have good problem-solving abilities.
5. Document processes and develop job aids
6. Possess good organizational skills.
7. Ability to work independently and contribute to a wide range of objectives while meeting tight deadlines.
8. Can handle a very fast paced environment.
Required: High School diploma or equivalency
Preferred: Degree in finance or accounting, but not required
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is consistently required to sit for extended periods; use hands, fingers, handle, feel; and talk, hear & see. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally required to work under high pressure in a fast-paced environment.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly in verbal contact with others and constantly works face-to-face with and around others. The employee must be able to adapt to changing environmental conditions.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Some College
- Elmhurst, IL, USA