Manufacturing EHS Manager
Who is Swire Coca-Cola? We are one of the largest bottlers of Coca-Cola and other beverage brands in America. Our 7,000 hardworking and passionate employees produce and distribute more than 300 brands and flavors across 13 states. We have as many careers as we have flavors, and regardless of which role you choose, you have a direct impact on Swire Coca-Cola, our products, and the communities we call home.
At Swire Coca-Cola, our commitment to excellence is what guides our actions with our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time associates which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays and Company Discounts.
What does a Manufacturing EHS Manager do at Swire Coca-Cola?
In this role you will be responsible for leading and managing employee health and safety and facility environmental processes within your designated plant and warehouse. This role reports to the Plant Manager, and will partner with the QSE department in implementing and supporting regulatory training, environmental waste reduction and EHS Program Management to maintain and enhance certification to ISO 45001 and ISO 14001, as well as continuous improvement of key performance metrics through project management and initiatives. This role is further responsible for ensuring effective implementation of site Utilities Management Programs & accurate EHS and environmental sustainability metrics reporting.
- Establish, conduct or respond to health and safety assessments/analyses in plant (e.g., medical surveillance, worker exposure, WC assessment, defining drug/alcohol testing protocol) to minimize health and safety risks.
- Lead the implementation of the Company's wastewater quality, asbestos, and ammonia strategy including review and approval of suppliers and design firms, compliance tracking and review/approval of designs. Develop implementation strategies, implement, evaluate and/or certify effective implementation of corporate EHS Systems.
- Ensure provision of timely EHS awareness and compliance training programs as appropriate to all levels of plant and warehouse operations and management.
- Ensure programs meet all country and local regulatory & licensing requirements and company policy requirements and includes assessed site EHS risks and management of compliance calendars and actions.
- During times of serious incident, serve as a site member of the crisis management team by directing efforts when requested, offering recommendations, interpreting regulations and completing communication, including government regulators or agencies.
- Conduct risk assessment by identifying and assessing potential magnitude of risk (e.g., environmental, safety, regulatory, production feasibility and quality) and creating contingency plans. Prepare for plant emergency situations in plant by establishing medical response program and emergency response organization including management of injured workers.
- Engage with functional and site leadership providing subject matter expertise and support to build EHS capability.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience supporting manufacturing and logistics operations.
- Proficiency in working in a dynamic manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency with ISO 14001 and 45001 management systems.
- Experience with regulatory interactions and negotiations.
- Excellent written, oral, time management and interpersonal skill
Swire Coca-Cola, USA is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer that participates in the E-Verify program as required by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
- Pay Type Salary
- Fruitland, ID 83619, USA