Quality Syrup Technician (Nights)
Who is Swire Coca-Cola? We are one of the largest bottlers of Coca-Cola and other beverage brands in America. Our 7,000 hardworking and passionate employees produce and distribute more than 300 brands and flavors across 13 states. We have as many careers as we have flavors, and regardless of which role you choose, you have a direct impact on Swire Coca-Cola, our products, and the communities we call home.
At Swire Coca-Cola, our commitment to excellence is what guides our actions with our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time associates which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays and Company Discounts.
What does a Syrup Technician do at Swire Coca-Cola?
As a Syrup Technician, you will be responsible for preparing and mixing various ingredients according to specified instructions, to produce finished syrup for blending on bottling and can lines. You will also monitor and control syrup flow to the production lines. In addition, you will perform sanitation and CIPs for all batching and water treatment equipment as well as receive and test incoming raw materials.
Shift Hours: Third shift 8:00 pm to 4:30 am
- Uphold all safety practices to prevent injury from unsafe work practices and/ or conditions. Report all safety hazards or potential hazards to the safety team representative and management
- Monitor plant sanitation and personal hygiene as outline by Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) for food processing facilities in CFR (Title 21, part 117) and current company GMP Policies.
- Follow all required work instructions, work aids and forms as they pertain to Quality, Environment, Safety, and Food Safety
- Understand, monitor and act accordingly to support: ISO-GFSI compliance, FDA-FSMA regulatory requirements, Food Safety & Quality programs as implemented by the company. This individual has the authority responsibility to stop production should the product be out of specification and/or observed food safety or compliance breach
- Perform analysis of incoming, in process and finished materials using analytical standardized procedures.
- Become certified to operate a PIT (Powered Industrial Truck/Forklift) to move raw materials
- Standardize and calibrate laboratory equipment, troubleshoot systems, equipment and processes
- Assist the Quality Assurance management team with any projects as designated
- Actively participate in continuous improvement, lean practices, six sigma, 5S, food safety, environmental and plant safety programs
- Pursue excellence and continuously develop technical and personal skills to achieve plant-wide world class manufacturing environment
- Minimum High School diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree in science related field preferred
- 1-3 years prior production/ manufacturing experience OR 2+ years of lab technician experience
- Mixing and batching experience in the food industry highly preferred
- Demonstrate ability to actively participate in a positive and engaged team atmosphere
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Familiarity with lab safety and handling hazardous materials
- Must be able to read, write and speak English to properly understand and relay important safety and quality information
- Work well with others to establish and maintain an excellent interdepartmental relationship
- Readily accept instruction from management and supervisors and execute effectively
- Be a self-starter and work independently at times
- Dependable and must have a flexible schedule
- Must have experience with MS Office and ability to comprehend various quality software suites
- Beverage industry experience is a plus
- Must be able to lift 65 pounds
Swire Coca-Cola, USA is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer that participates in the E-Verify program as required by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Tempe, AZ, USA