PACE Primary Care - (IM/FM, Geriatric Preferred)
Manages and provides acute, chronic, preventive, curative and rehabilitative medical care to patients and determines appropriate regimen in specialized areas such as family practice, prenatal OB/GYN, pediatrics and internal medicine.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Assists in developing and implementing procedures and protocols to facilitate the delivery of comprehensive health services and quality assurance.
- Evaluates and manages acute medical problems.
- Provides inpatient coverage and call coverage as assigned by Medical Director.
- Screens and monitors the management of chronic conditions, symptomatic and well patients.
- Provides case management of clinic patients admitted to hospitals and arranges referrals to medical specialties.
- Coordinates the preparation of reports and written documentation including medical records, as required by the department clinic, state and federal agencies.
- Supervises Nurses and assistants in examining room and may serve as preceptor for team members developing in expanded medical roles (Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner).
- May provide consultative services for complex diagnostic or therapeutic problems as requested by other staff physicians.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains and updates established departmental policies and procedures as needed, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, in-service meetings and workshops. Remains current in literature pertaining to primary specialty.
- Attends meetings as required and participates in committees as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education Required (Minimum level of education): Graduate from accredited school of Medicine
- Current CA MD and DEA license.
- CPR certification.
- Board certified or eligible in primary care specialty.
- Preferred: ACLS certification
Experience Required (Minimum level of experience): Completion of clinical training.
Preferred: 1 year post completion of clinical training. Employment in community health center.
Verbal and Written Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Good oral and written communication
Technical Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- Preferred skills include skin biopsy, excision of skin lesions, suturing, casting, and sigmoidoscopy phlebotomy.
- Must obtain staff privileges at local hospitals.
- Equipment Used: Diagnostic and therapeutic spirometry (e.g. EKG)
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Frequent sitting.
- May assist patients in getting onto examination table.
- Will be required to work at other sites.
- Will be required to work participate on on-call panel and work evenings and/or weekends.
San Ysidro Health is a Federally Qualified Health Care organization committed to providing high quality, compassionate, accessible and affordable healthcare services for the entire family.
The organization was founded by seven women in search of
medical services for their families and community. Almost 50 years later, San
Ysidro Health now provides innovative care to over 108,000 patients through a
vast and integrated network of 47 program sites across the county. San Ysidro
Health could not serve our patients without the dedication of our passionate
and hardworking employees.
Apply today and become a part of our mission-driven team!
San Ysidro Health has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all applicants for employment. Employment decisions including, but not limited to, those such as employee selection, performance evaluation, administration of benefits, working conditions, employee programs, transfers, position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and separations are made without regard to reace, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status, ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
- Pay Type Salary
- San Diego, CA, USA