Mobile Friendly Application!
Location: WFU- Roving Janitorial
Hours: FT Sunday to Thursday 5:30 pm – 2:00 am
Rate: $13.10 per hour.
***NEW BENEFIT- Pay on Demand- ASK recruiter about it!***
SUMMARY:The Roving Janitorial keeps premises of office building, or other commercial or institutional building in clean, safe and orderly condition by performing the essential duties and responsibilities. Also, includes responding to customer specific needs and request in a timely fashion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include any or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cleans offices, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas.
- Sweeps, mops, vacuums and/or refinishes floors.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies, water fountains.
- Washes walls, ceilings, vents and woodwork, windows, blinds, door panels, ledges and sills.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Assists in the completion of the workload in the absence of other employees.
- Assists in providing project cleaning of buildings which includes lifting and removing furniture from rooms, refinishing hard surface floors, shampooing carpets, cleaning blinds, light fixtures/shields, washing walls, windows, doors and furniture.
- Operates various types of equipment and machinery, which include wet vacuums, hand trucks, vacuum cleaners, carpet extractors, floor buffers, automatic scrubbers, etc.
- Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Sets up tables and chairs in auditorium or conference room.
- Replenishes paper and soap products in bathrooms, cleans mirrors, walls, showers, sinks, metal work and toilets.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Reports any malfunctions and maintenance problems to the supervisor. Discusses work problems and/or schedule problems with supervisor and/or management.
- Provides assistance with any outside cleaning chores, which may include sweeping sidewalks, and picking up trash.
- May be required to lock and/or unlock doors at the appropriate times daily.
- Attends training meetings and sessions as directed.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REASONING ABILITY- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions: to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to learn basic principles and techniques. Also, the ability to perceive identification numbers marked on material: to read and understand numbers and volumes.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with arms and hands. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Winston-Salem, NC, USA