FT Optician/ Eyewear Specialist
Total Vision LLC is a group of highly successful optometry practices that have aligned towards a common goal of world-class eye-care results for its patients and California communities. We are a company that is seeing significant growth and are looking for top-notch team members with the passion, energy, focus and commitment to excel in this type of environment.
We are looking for our next great Optician/ Eyewear Specialist to join our team at our Mira Mesa Optometry practice in Mira Mesa, CA.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists patients with proper frame and lens selection
- Educates patients on various options for both clear lenses, sunglasses, and any other needs the patient may have
- Ensures proper fit and measurements for all lens types including single vision, bifocal, progressive and others
- Educates patients on the benefits of having multiple pairs of glasses to fill all their eye care needs
- Verifies patient insurance and explains their benefits
- Dispenses glasses and makes sure patients knows about adaptation to new prescriptions, lens types, etc.
- Helps patients with repairs and adjustments
- Ensures patient phone calls are returned in a timely manner and patient is informed of any delays with eye-wear purchased
- Assists with any other tasks that need to be completed in the office
- Lab experience in edging, finishing and surfacing preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Customer Service – Must exhibit excellent customer service skills, ensuring each patient interaction exceeds their expectations
- Sales – Demonstrate strong relationship building skills with customers and ability to educate patients on their options resulting in successful purchases at the practice
- Team Player - Must be a team player and able to effectively communicate with fellow co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Computer - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Manufacturing Software; Payroll Systems; Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Inventory Software; Order Processing Systems; Project Management Software; Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software
- Language - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Optical Knowledge - It is preferred, but required that the candidate has optical experience.
- Cross-Training - This role will require the candidate to cross-train and assist other roles in the office as needed. Ability to be flexible with work environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be physically able to sit for long periods of time, read a computer screen for long periods of time, reach, and lift up to 20 lbs. Hand dexterity, and eye and hand coordination critical. Employee is subject to inside environmental conditions. Employee’s schedule could include after hour projects, as needed. Travel, as needed.
This description is not intended to include all job duties. Team members may be requested to do other job-related tasks other than those listed here.
Total Vision Care is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mira Mesa Optometry, 8230 B Mira Mesa Blvd, San Diego, California, United States of America