PT Patient Care Coordinator
Total Vision LLC is a group of highly successful optometry practices that have aligned towards a common goal of world-class eye-care results for its patients and California communities. We are a company that is seeing significant growth and are looking for top-notch team members with the passion, energy, focus and commitment to excel in this type of environment.
We are looking for our next great Team Member to join our practice Foothill Optometric Group in Pleasanton, CA.
This is a part-time opportunity, with hours TBD.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Warmly greet incoming patients upon entering the practice and complete the check-in process.
- Administrative duties including answering telephones, scheduling patient appointments per doctor preferences and transcribing messages for return calls and faxes.
- Obtain and verify insurance eligibility for all applicable patients. Responsible for auditing and editing insurance claims as needed.
- Scanning and entering routing slips and other documents into EHR
- Confirm all appointments for the following day and reschedule no show appointments. Also utilize practice’s recall system.
- Pull and prepare charts for all patients scheduled for the following day.
- Processing sales of contact lens through phone calls or doctor transitions.
- Responsible for keeping the front desk organized at all times.
- Opening and closing procedures determined by practice.
- Demonstrated flexibility in addressing a broad spectrum of patient requirements and preferences.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate positive patient rapport and build relationships while increase patient-retention.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with the proven ability to manage priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and ensure that patient commitments/deadlines are met.
- Proficiency in utilization of automated equipment and systems standard to the optometry industry
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Experience in the Ophthalmic/Optometric/medical industry is a plus but is not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be physically able to sit for long periods of time, read a computer screen for long periods of time, reach, and lift up to 20 lbs. Hand dexterity, and eye and hand coordination critical. Employee is subject to inside environmental conditions. Employee’s schedule could include after hour projects, as needed. Travel, as needed between practices. Saturday availability is required.
This description is not intended to include all job duties. Team members may be requested to do other job-related tasks other than those listed here.
Total Vision Care is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Foothill Optometric Group, 6155 Stoneridge Dr, Pleasanton, California, United States of America