FT Optometric Technician
Total Vision LLC is a group of highly successful optometry practices that have aligned towards a common goal of world-class eye-care results for its patients and California communities. We are a company that is seeing significant growth and are looking for top-notch team members with the passion, energy, focus and commitment to excel in this type of environment.
We are looking for our next great Optometric Tech to join our Dr. Henslick Optometry team located in Laguna Niguel, CA.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Warmly greet incoming patients upon taking them back for pretesting before the exam.
- Administrative duties including answering telephones, scheduling patient appointments per doctor preferences and transcribing messages for return calls and faxes.
- Perform pretesting including blood pressure, NCT, color and stereo, and autoperimetry
- Advocate for overall health evaluation (i.e. Optomap)
- Collect and relay pertinent health and ocular history to the doctor
- Conduct contact lens insertion and removal training
- Order various types of contact lenses
- Maintain and clean equipment and doctor’s lanes
- Maintain proper levels of pretest/doctor supplies
- Demonstrated flexibility in addressing a broad spectrum of patient requirements and preferences.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate positive patient rapport and build relationships while increase patient-retention.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with the proven ability to manage priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and ensure that patient commitments/deadlines are met.
- Proficiency in utilization of automated equipment and systems standard to the optometry industry.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Experience in the Ophthalmic/Optometric/medical industry is a plus but is not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be physically able to stand for long periods of time, read a computer screen for long periods of time, reach, and lift up to 20 lbs. Hand dexterity, and eye and hand coordination critical. Employee is subject to inside environmental conditions. Employee’s schedule could include after hour projects, as needed. Travel, as needed between practices. Saturday availability is required.
This description is not intended to include all job duties. Team members may be requested to do other job-related tasks other than those listed here.
Total Vision is committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion and diversity. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. We welcome unique contributions team members bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Henslick Vision Center, 2745 1B La Paz Rd, Laguna Niguel, California, United States of America