Sales - Area VP, Business Development
JOB PURPOSE: The Area Vice President of Business Development is responsible for creating strategic business partnerships with the leadership of health plans, health systems, healthcare organizations and other potential clients and partners while driving growth for Tabula Rasa Healthcare through clinical programs and technology solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide leadership, insight and develop the strategic plan for specified market segment, geographic region, or client base.
- Lead the coordination of activities across all TRHC business units and departments to ensure successful execution of business plan/sales activities in the assigned region, client base, or program area to ensure that company growth goals and business objectives are met/exceeded.
- Engage, mentor, and retain other business development personnel in the assigned region, client base, or market segment.
- Expand business into new accounts throughout a given region or market segment.
- Managing daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed sales to ensure quota results based on successful pipeline management.
- Display a thorough understanding of business needs and clinical, economic, humanistic outcomes potential for accounts in the assigned region or market segment.
- Support the development of new solutions for clients and prospects by working with the TRHC technology product team or through the integration of TRHC companies and solutions.
- Effectively articulate the value of technology products and services to support the sales process.
- Provide daily feedback from prospective client interactions to help improve processes.
- Provide routine feedback following demonstrations to help the leadership team refine direction and strategy.
- Manage Salesforce information related to prospective clients with updates to account data including contact information, demographics etc.
- Attend/participate in relevant conferences and staff exhibits to build awareness, relationships and expand business.
- Provide oversight and guidance for the program management/implementation team to support the on-boarding of new clients and solutions.
- Assist with the TRHC initiatives related to quality assurance, quality improvement, compliance, and regulatory audits.
- Provide other support as needed to promote TRHC’s missions and fundamentals.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: These represent the desired qualifications of the ideal candidate. They are not meant to limit consideration for candidates who do not meet all of the standards listed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experienced professional with 10+ years of recent working experience in the healthcare information technology industry with health plan/healthcare system sales, with proven track record of meeting/exceeding goals on a consistent basis.
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach.
- Strong track record of exceeding company sales quotas in a complex sales environment.
- Comfort and confidence in leading strategic discussions and negotiations with clients and prospects.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and organizational skills required.
- Exceptional executive presence.
- Strong project management skills.
- Advanced ability to translate a spoken or written concept into a graphic/visual representation.
- Willing to travel as needed throughout region.
- Must be computer proficient and possess experience with PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to quickly learn specific software and new applications.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Salary