Software Product Engineering - Senior Software Engineer
Our goals are to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. To accomplish these goals, we constantly seek individuals who look for ways to do things better. We are a company whose
cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement.
Tabula Rasa HealthCare (TRHC) is a leader in providing patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize performance to improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk. Medication risk management is TRHC’s lead offering, and its cloud-based software applications, including EireneRx® and MedWise™, provide solutions for a range of payers, providers and other healthcare organizations.
TRHC empowers our employees to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. Our 32Fundamentals are what we are and who we are. Our culture cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement. As a part of our team, you will help us bring innovative service models to healthcare, improving patient outcomes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Deliver and maintain software that integrates our enterprise with multiple EHR and cloud-based services.
- Perform challenging work in designing, writing, editing, modifying, and debugging computer programs.
- Identify actions and approaches that can add value and increase our ability to deliver quality software.
- Participate in development of long-range planning for new projects and infrastructure.
- Provide advice, training, and technical support for various projects.
- Work closely with management team in evaluating current systems and making decisions on future development.
- Learn new technologies and resolve challenges involved in integrating new technologies with our systems.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Complete miscellaneous projects as assigned or requested.
- Understand and adhere to The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements.
- Strong analytical abilities, organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Highly skilled in written and verbal communication.
- Highly skilled at establishing priorities and coordinating work activities. Consistency, accuracy, promptness, and adherence to productivity standards are of paramount importance.
- Skilled at performing multiple and complex tasks.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients, end-users, and team members.
- Has exceptional initiative and follow-through on projects with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Must be detail oriented, follow instructions, and work independently with minimal supervision with highly confidential information per HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to architect, design, develop, and implement solutions around a micro-service architecture.
- Passionate about knowledge sharing and has the skills to help develop and advance the team through mentorship.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems, or related experience.
M.S. in Computer Science or related field (preferred)
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- 8+ of professional software product development in an Agile environment using languages such as Clojure, Go, Node/JS, Java.
- Real-world experience building software with functional programing languages and principles with languages such as Clojure, Lisp, Haskell, F#, etc.
- Experience with designing and building on top of SQL and NoSQL data stores such as MySQL and CouchDB.
- Experience developing, testing and documenting managed services with RESTful APIs.
- Experience developing, testing, and documenting event-driven microservices with asynchronous messaging patterns.
- Demonstrated ability to solving complex problems and collaborating in a team environment, yet capable of executing independently.
- A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts, event-based programming and design patterns and the principles of routing, client/server programming.
- Demonstrated passion and ability to learn new technologies and standards quickly.
- Knowledge of security, encryption, and secure coding standards.
- Technical domain expertise in API design and development.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience with healthcare and e-prescribing related technologies and standards (FHIR, meaningful use).
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and AGILE development practices, tools, and methodologies.
- Experience with performance and load testing.
- Experience with tools for development (git, JIRA, Confluence), platforms (Docker, Cloud Foundry, AWS), and telemetry (Sentry).
- Fast paced environment.
- Collaboration across remote sites within the company.
- Celebrating success!
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Salary