Product Management - Product Manager I
Our goals are to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. To accomplish these goals, we constantly seek individuals who look for ways to do things better. We are a company whose
cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement.
Tabula Rasa HealthCare (TRHC) is a leader in providing patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize performance to improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk. Medication risk management is TRHC’s lead offering, and its cloud-based software applications, including EireneRx® and MedWise™, provide solutions for a range of payers, providers and other healthcare organizations.
TRHC empowers our employees to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. Our 32Fundamentals are what we are and who we are. Our culture cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement. As a part of our team, you will help us bring innovative service models to healthcare, improving patient outcomes.
JOB PURPOSE: The Product Manager is responsible for contributing to defining and driving the strategic path for both current and future EHR product applications. This role will be engaged in the day-to-day decisions regarding product development and product releases, including new features and new opportunities. This is accomplished through excellent communication, backlog management, collaboration across teams, and coordination with key stakeholders, Product Management and Product Engineering teams. For product release success, candidates are expected to have the ability to successfully juggle multiple projects and be effective at influencing a wide range of groups within a company. It is important that candidates quickly establish credibility with internal technology teams, external client teams, and operation teams.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Research market and business needs, and translate into prioritized feature sets
- Serve as the market expert, staying abreast of industry changes and develop competitive intelligence on product offerings
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and customers to understand business needs
- Contribute to strategic path for both current and future EHR applications.
- This role will be engaged in the day-to-day decisions regarding product development and product releases, including new features and new opportunities.
- Drive new product features from inception to release (entire SDLC)
- Work closely with Product Management and the Development Team to ensure the product aligns to our company portfolio and vision, solves the right problems, and solves them well
- Participate in Sprint planning and reviews
- Serve as Product SME
- Define requirements, user stories, and process flows to describe work that needs to be done
- Conduct technical research to triage issues and resolve problems
- Identify and escalate risks with contingency and mitigation planning
- Anticipate bottle-necks and roadblocks before they impact projects
- Contribute to roadmap and product release planning
- Collaborate with the design team to optimize workflows and user-experience
- Coordinate with learning services as a resource to provide content and education in support of new releases
- Other duties as assigned
- Ideal candidates must be innovative, creative, flexible and be passionate about building quality products.
- Highly skilled in written and verbal communication, especially in complex and high-pressure environments including experience interacting with C-level executives.
- Experience eliciting business requirements from stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience adapting to rapidly changing requirements and priorities.
- Ability to manage complex projects and subject matter with tight deadlines
- Ability to efficiently work under pressure to complete assigned tasks
- Prioritize based on appropriate trade-offs between roadmap functionality vs. resources & time
- Exceptional initiative and follow-through on projects with little to no supervision or guidance.
- Demonstrated success in delivering products that meet and exceed customer and business expectations.
- Familiar with of the Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of SCRUM and Agile principles
- Ability to gather large amounts of information and convert it into an easy-to-consume vision
- Ability to provide customer focused service and communicate the value of proposed solutions
- Ability to explain or demonstrate technology in a manner suited to the end users
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment to solve business problems
- Big picture thinker but able to shift into the software/technical details.
- Strong analytical skills
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical field of study, or related practical experience.
2+ years previous experience in a Product Manager or similar role.
Experience working in Healthcare Technology (preferred).
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with business analysts, UI/UX team, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders.
• Prior experience working for an EHR vendor
• Strong knowledge of financial and accounting concepts and workflows
• Knowledge of health care payment cycle and claim forms
• Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid claim rules and regulation
• Knowledge of Electronic Data Interface (EDI) standards including 837, 835, 999, 277 and 820
• Understanding of Medicare and Medicaid pricing and payment rules
• Familiarity of Claims Adjudication and related workflows
• Familiarity with PACE, MLTC, or other capitated programs a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position will present physical demands requisite to a position requiring: hearing, seeing, sitting, standing, talking, and walking. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Additional functions, duties, tasks, or requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate to meet organizational operations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position works in an office environment, some work situations that could present repetitive muscular and vision strain.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Telecommute % 100