Software Product Engineering - Software Engineer II, Product Validation
Our goals are to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. To accomplish these goals, we constantly seek individuals who look for ways to do things better. We are a company whose
cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement.
Tabula Rasa HealthCare (TRHC) is a leader in providing patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize performance to improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk. Medication risk management is TRHC’s lead offering, and its cloud-based software applications, including EireneRx® and MedWise™, provide solutions for a range of payers, providers and other healthcare organizations.
TRHC empowers our employees to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. Our 32Fundamentals are what we are and who we are. Our culture cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement. As a part of our team, you will help us bring innovative service models to healthcare, improving patient outcomes.
The Software Engineer will play a key role in the software development life cycle by driving quality improvement and validating quality criteria. He or she will have strong software development skills and will leverage those skills in all activities, including the extension of and improvement upon an existing home-grown suite of automated test tooling. He or she will be able to understand software architecture and requirements; create, execute, and automate test plans and test cases; track and articulate test results; define and validate acceptance criteria; juggle multiple projects and priorities; and objectively assess production readiness from a quality perspective.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING (85%)
- Reviews software requirements and provides quality-related feedback
- Creates effective test plans and data sets related to functional/integration testing and end-to-end/system testing
- Creates, documents, and executes test cases to support the software release process
- Assesses software deliverables with regard to functionality, usability, scalability, performance, reliability, availability, and serviceability
- Expands and improves test automation and the automation framework to improve test coverage and efficiency
- Validates achievement of software requirements
- Objectively assesses production readiness from a quality perspective
- Participates in deployment activities and performs smoke testing of newly-released code
- Attains subject matter expertise through test and support of software/systems and establishes thought leadership in those domains as a champion of quality
- Accomplishes department and organizational mission by completing related tasks as needed
- Tracks efforts appropriately, articulating test results, progress, and impediments to product leadership and the development team
- Assists in disposition and prioritization of all reported software defects
- Proposes ideas for improving quality and enhancing Development, Validation, Release, and Support processes
- Demonstrates strong project management skills and the ability to keep projects on track
- Provides assistance to support team in diagnosis of reported issues related to software features and functionality
PERSONAL/CAREER DEVELOPMENT (5%)
- Advances job knowledge to the next level by participating in educational opportunities
- Stays current on advances in test tooling and strategies
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Assurance, or Health Informatics or equivalent combination of skills
Experience in Software Quality Assurance or any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates ability to perform the duties of the position. Must have strong programming skills, a demonstrable knowledge of programming languages and object-oriented concepts. Must be able to work independently with minimal direction. Possess a soldi understanding of databases, understand HTML concerpts and demonstrate fluency in UNIX/Linux environments. Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and excellent attention to detail. Upholds the Agile philosophy and maintains flexibility in a changing environment.
The Preferred Candidate will possess the following:
- 3 or more years of career experience in Software Development and/or Software Quality Assurance.
- Experience with creation, execution, and maintenance of automated front-end (browser and mobile) and back-end (API and database) tests.
- Experience in mobile testing.
- Experience in healthcare IT, EMRs, pharmacy and/or pharmacy management software
- Has proven skill in programming and testing with both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Has browser automation skill with Cypress.io, Selenium, Watir, Appium
- Has skills with shell scripting and virtualization (Vagrant/Docker)
- Upholds the Agile philosophy and maintains flexibility in a changing environment
- Has strong organization skills, a high degree of ownership for projects, and strong follow-through
- Is responsible and self-directed
- Possesses high level of integrity with good judgement and recognition of need for confidentiality in certain circumstances
- Is quality-oriented, innovative, steadfast and efficient
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Salary