Finance - Sr. Billing Specialist
The Senior Billing Specialist directs, and coordinates functions related to revenue ensuring it is recorded accurately and timely. They oversee other team members who are responsible for billings, collections, and accounts reconciliations. They provide leadership and accounting expertise to the product coordinators who are responsible for implementing and facilitating the products clients purchase. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Accounting.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general direction, specific duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Oversees the collection, consolidation, evaluation, and reporting of revenue:
- Process new sales by verifying accuracy of the contract with regards to pricing, terms, etc.
- Records invoices for new customers that sign up for any product (modules).
- Charges corresponding credit cards or ACH account as provided by customer for any new product (module)
- Applies payment to any open invoice once credit card transaction is settled, check is received, or ACH is settled notating appropriate transaction numbers and dates.
- Accurately record various accounting transactions (credits, refunds, etc.).
- Makes collections calls for past due balances, expired credit cards, or declined ach & credit card payments.
- Receive and answer billing related questions from customers and wholesale partners.
Accurately and timely prepares billing worksheets to summarize charges for services provided during the month and sends it to wholesaler partners:
- Record invoices into accounting system that agree to billing worksheet and ensure that deferred and recognized revenue agree to billing worksheet, taking into account customer prepayments (deferrals in our view).
- Oversee and assist in the month-end process by verifying accurate A/R, ensuring all transactions have been properly billed and recorded.
- Reconcile revenue related balances (prepayment, deferred).
- Accurately and timely calculates and prepares sales commissions and bonus reports for any new launches in the previous period.
- Accurately and timely calculates sales referral fees by reporting on all eligible revenue collected ensuring all new products and modules are correctly calculated for.
Assists with the monthly close cycle:
- Prepares Accounts Receivable Analysis
- Reconciles various deferred revenue accounts
- Prepares bank reconciliation
Oversee the implementation and facilitation of internal SOX Controls:
- Accurately and timely ensres that Internal SOX controls are followed and documented with regards to monthly billing and revenue recognition.
Conduct administrative duties and other tasks including:
- Conducts interactions and regular communication with clients
- Assist with Standard Operation Procedures (SOP)
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, reviewing the work of others, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: These represent the desired qualifications of the ideal candidate. They are not meant to limit consideration for candidates who do not meet all of the standards listed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be able to work well with people of various backgrounds and education levels and establish cooperative working relationships with all coworkers.
- Timely and effectively communicate information to and consult with others in order to complete work assignments.
- Act in a responsible, trustworthy and ethical manner that considers the impact and consequences of one’s actions or decisions.
- Communicate ideas, thoughts, and facts in writing through the use of proper grammar, spelling, document formatting and sentence structure.
- Identify and respond to current and future clients’ needs; provide excellent client service.
- Evaluate and analyze problems or tasks from multiple perspectives; adaptively employ problem solving methods to find creative or novel solutions; use logical, systematic and sequential processes to solve problems.
- Complete assigned job tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Carefully prepare for meetings and presentations; follow up with others to ensure that agreements, tasks or commitments have been fulfilled.
- Demonstrate commitment to achieving Company’s core business objectives of increasing the role of pharmacy and improving patient health in America.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of experience in accounting/finance
- Experience performing journal entries, and reconciliations
- Experience working with healthcare professionals in a clinical setting is a plus but not required
- Attention to detail.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and automated accounting systems.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to listen, communicate, and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers.
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic.
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment.
- Experience working with healthcare professionals in a clinical setting is desirable.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Moorestown, NJ 08057, USA