Director, Cloud Engineering
Our goals are to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. To accomplish these goals, we constantly seek individuals who look for ways to do things better. We are a company whose
cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement.
Tabula Rasa HealthCare (TRHC) is a leader in providing patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize performance to improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk. Medication risk management is TRHC’s lead offering, and its cloud-based software applications, including EireneRx® and MedWise™, provide solutions for a range of payers, providers and other healthcare organizations.
TRHC empowers our employees to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. Our 32Fundamentals are what we are and who we are. Our culture cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement. As a part of our team, you will help us bring innovative service models to healthcare, improving patient outcomes.
If you are a master of cloud native technology and techniques, are passionate about your craft, and want to tackle the fourth leading cause of death in the nation, this could be the next role for you. TRHC is looking for a seasoned and talented leader who can guide a team of transformative engineers. We were born in the cloud and have years of experience building cloud-first technology, and now we’re looking to level up. You’ll be driving the adoption of SRE principles, shift to GitOps, transition from Cloud Foundry PaaS to Kubernetes, and much more. We need a leader with the vision and experience to step up our game even more as we capture the velocity and agility gains that only the best in the business can attain.
TRHC is a high-growth company that is revolutionizing medication safety, and this full-time remote position comes with competitive pay and benefits. We know you want to work with the best of the best, so please be prepared to show your stuff, prove out your resume, and remember that the respect of your peers is the strongest indicator of excellence. If you’re a deeply experienced leader, capable of enabling organizational transformation, please apply today.
The Director of Engineering will:
- Cultivate and oversee our Cloud Engineering, Developer Services, and Site Reliability Engineering functions
- Learn new technologies and resolve challenges involved in integrating new technologies with our systems
- Coach and make recommendations to teams to modify systems to improve efficiency, performance, cost, and maintainability
- Facilitate cloud cost optimization initiatives to ensure we get maximum return on investment
- Lead the adoption of Kubernetes, and shutdown of Cloud Foundry, across TRHC
- Oversee the transformation of our CI/CD practice, unifying source code and CI/CD tooling across the enterprise (utilizing GitLab and GitLab-CI)
- Coordinate cloud infrastructure with our managed service partner and AWS/GCP/Azure reseller(s)
- Work across organizational boundaries to implement cultural and behavioral change
- Win the hearts and minds of engineers across the organization to drive adoption of new capabilities, tools, technologies, and techniques
- Measure, understand, and report monthly on adoption of tools, processes, and techniques
- Measure, understand, and report monthly on cloud infrastructure and license costs on a per product and per business line basis
- Measure, understand, and socialize DORA metrics across the organization
- Champion focus on production stability with product teams and lead improvements in incident management processes
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience coordinating with managed services partners, staff augmentation providers, and contract resources
- Demonstrated mastery of SRE principles including service level objective and error budgets
- Deep understanding of cloud and container telemetry and observability
- Experience implementing CI/CD practices in multiple teams and technology environments
- Knowledge of GitOps practices in a Kubernetes context
- Experience running Kubernetes in a production (ideally regulated) environment
- Business acumen and demonstrated experience making tradeoffs between cost, complexity, and long-term operational value
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and leading a diverse team of engineers both with and without direct authority over the team
- Sound knowledge of change management practices and HITRUST/SOX controls
- Rock solid communication skills, including presenting difficult tradeoffs to executive-level leadership
- Exceptional analytical abilities, organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Highly skilled at establishing priorities and coordinating work activities
- Exceptional initiative and follow-through on projects with minimal supervision or guidance
- Familiarity and experience with load and performance testing
- Firm knowledge of Healthcare compliance standards including HITECH, HITRUST, and HIPAA
- Experience with Cloud Foundry applications and best practices (preferred)
- 15+ years of software and technology development and architecture experience
- 5+ years of experience with cloud technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems, or related experience.
- M.S. in Computer Science or related field (preferred)
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Salary