Account Management - Sr. Director, Account Management
The Director of Account Management is responsible for providing leadership and direction to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, retention, and growth. The Director of Account Management will also ensure the development and implementation of high-quality and responsive client account management services. As the division’s account management leader, this position supports the division’s revenue and expense targets through client development and strategic business planning. The incumbent will organize and lead departmental and/or cross-functional teams and activities that ensures successful completion of account projects while adhering to scope, schedule, and budget requirements.
The Director of Account Management with administrative direction; and has discretion and independent judgment authority with respect to matters of significance for the assigned operations in respect to the resolution of problems involving departures from standard policies, interpretations, or procedures within the functions and processes for which they are accountable and responsible within the scope of authority and responsibility for the position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with current and potential client leadership, stakeholders, and key decision-makers at C-suite levels.
- Identifies and develops new and expanded business opportunities within the industry for key client accounts to optimize and escalate revenue growth.
- Leads and ensures alignment of the sales and account management objectives and goals with the business strategy through active participation in organizational strategic planning, sales and revenue growth development, revenue forecasting, resource planning, and organizational budget development.
- Leads and manages the account management team to assure positive revenue growth.
- Provides direction and fosters staff development initiatives and training; demonstrating ownership of client account management, expanded sales, and revenue growth.
- Coaches, trains and supports account management team through education, sales calls, solution development and problem resolution.
- Provides leadership and modeling to the account management team, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance and client satisfaction, and ethical behavior.
- Supports organizational change and development by continuously assessing the industry and client environment, developing and championing change initiatives, and removing obstacles impeding constructive and financial improvement.
- Responsible for oversight and leadership for the development, forecasting, and management of client accounts and revenue performance.
- Establishes and governs client account management performance standards and outcomes. Establishing guiding sales and revenue principles for performance and achievement of critical performance measures for account managers and the account management division.
- Ensures all account management staff are held accountable for assigned results and outcomes.
- Works closely and in collaboration with information technology leadership to ensure that technology initiatives are implemented consistent with the defined business plan and strategy meeting client needs and expectations.
- Collaboratively develops and implements revenue and marketing initiatives or strategies that align with overall revenue and business growth goals.
- Supports the development and tracking of client’s revenue performance and goals; developing and implementing plans that include revenue growth projections.
- Effectively manages assigned staff members by providing guidance and direction supporting the successful achievement of individual, department, and organizational goals or deliverables for all account management staff.
- Leads, coaches, and develops staff; cultivating a positive and effective work environment and culture supporting employee engagement and high-quality performance; ensuring that all staff members are properly trained; ensures that all staff receive a performance review as scheduled.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, business, business administration, marketing, or a related field from an approved and accredited college or university.
- Preferred: an advanced degree in healthcare, business, business administration, marketing, or a related field from an approved and accredited college or university.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ progressive experience in account management or business development, preferably within the healthcare or pharmaceutical industry;
- Preferred: Three (3) years’ direct experience in a leadership or management role supervising an account management workforce.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- This position requires a results-oriented, self-directed individual with strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Success requires expertise in leading, coaching, and mentoring an account management/sales team, driving revenue performance and accountability, and optimizing client development, retention, and account saturation.
- This position requires moderate travel.
- Demonstrated skills in organizational and departmental strategic planning and project management.
- Advanced skills in organizing and balancing multiple priorities in a dynamic and fluid environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally at an executive level through written, verbal, and interpersonal skills as applied when interacting with employees, clients, or agency representatives; successfully conveying and exchanging information in a positive manner.
- Ability to listen, communicate, and interact with a wide range of diverse individuals and personalities in a professional manner at all times.
- Pay Type Salary
- Irvine, CA, USA
- Moorestown, NJ 08057, USA
- Tucson, AZ, USA