Call Centers - Pharmacy Technician
Under the direction of the Call Center Manager or Pharmacist in charge, the ATM/CPN Pharmacy Technician supports customer service functions and communications with clients to assure patient demographics and medication profiles are updated in a timely manner. Ensures secure, accurate and up to date patient information in company software. Works under the direction of the Pharmacists to customize and fill prescription orders, refills and related requests.
- Receives and triages incoming phone calls, faxes and messages to handle questions, refill orders or other service requests and to ensure that clients have a positive experience in calling into the Company.
- Establishes relationships with clients and medical professionals in order to service their needs with professionalism, efficiency and superior customer care in mind.
- Escalates calls to pharmacist that exceed Pharmacy Tech. scope of expertise, but maintains ownership to ensure resolution for each request.
- Acts as a liaison between back office pharmacy and customers.
- Establishes and maintains patient profiles, including allergies, date of birth lists of medications taken by individual patients and other information required to maintain accurate patient information.
- Performs prescription data entry for initial review by Clinical Pharmacist. Provides timely data entry assuring the correct drug, dosage form, quantity, refill information and packaging is prepared for dispense to the correct patient. Uses proprietary software system to verify and document patient information, prescriber files, order status and other notes relevant to patient care. Uses this system for messaging and tracking quality notes as well.
- Receives and processes prescription refill requests. Directs clients to use the proper systems for requests/documentation. Where new orders cannot be processed in writing, forwards verbal requests to pharmacist.
- Ensures that directions for patients are easy to understand and appropriate for the patient.
- Assures the delivery method selected with properly identified delivery location (center or home.)
- Prepares and processes billing claims based on dispensing the correct days’ supply for the prescription, and that the number of refills authorized and quantity dispensed does not exceed state or federal limits that apply to controlled substance prescriptions.
- Makes outgoing calls to gather/confirm information necessary to process customer requests or otherwise contribute to pharmacy operations.
- Retrieves emergency calls from on-call system as assigned.
- Uses pharmaceutical technician expertise to ensure compliance, efficiency and quality of operations. Participates in company quality initiatives. Secures information in accordance with the privacy and security guidelines of the Company and applicable regulations such as HIPAA.
- Monitors ATM dispensing.
- Facilitates Community Pharmacy Network transfers. Completes internal documentation of work completed, and keeps records of CPN transactions.
- Builds and maintains relationships with community pharmacists. Trains MRMC and clients on proper CPN procedures.
- Procures medications locally for same day requests.
- Provides prescription documentation needed by local pharmacies for safe and accurate dispensing.
- Offers appropriate billing information for local pharmacies.
- Remains continuously aware of CPN issues (technology, logistics, business, financial, etc.) and develops creative solutions to meet those needs.
- High School Diploma
- Must be registered or eligible to become registered with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification from PTCB (or must agree to obtain CPhT within 6 months of employment)
Experience & Training:
- Minimum of 2 years of pharmacy technician experience
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Moorestown, NJ 08057, USA