Research & Healthcare Analytics - Research Data Scientist
Our goals are to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. To accomplish these goals, we constantly seek individuals who look for ways to do things better. We are a company whose
cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement.
Tabula Rasa HealthCare (TRHC) is a leader in providing patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize performance to improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk. Medication risk management is TRHC’s lead offering, and its cloud-based software applications, including EireneRx® and MedWise™, provide solutions for a range of payers, providers and other healthcare organizations.
TRHC empowers our employees to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. Our 32Fundamentals are what we are and who we are. Our culture cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement. As a part of our team, you will help us bring innovative service models to healthcare, improving patient outcomes.
The candidate will play pivotal role in support research activities for several projects involving big data analysis and data mining. Activities include but are not limited to data preparation, data collection and to manipulate large data sets. The candidate will be also involved in collecting, cleaning, and maintaining databases with detailed documentation and running program code and assisting with data analysis. This person will work in collaboration with other scientists in the TRHC Precision Pharmacotherapy Research & Development Institute to carry out quantitative analyses and participate in collaborative research projects. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a high-impact clinical pharmacology team and collaborative setting.
TRHC Precision Pharmacotherapy Research & Development Institute (PPRDI) is committed to the development of proprietary products, their validation and recognition by the scientific and regulatory communities to optimize medication regimen in order to improve patient outcomes, reduce utilization of various healthcare services, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with interdisciplinary teams of the R&D institute including research and clinical scientists, software engineer and statistician.
- Provide bioinformatic support for the R&D Institute research activities.
- Identify and resolve data quality issues or errors; maintain data integrity for research purposes.
- Code, prepare and clean data prior to analysis; assembles, manage and analyzes large dataset.
- Participate in the development of mathematical theory, mathematical and/or statistical programing.
- Identify and analyze relationships and trends in data, as well as any factors that could affect the results of research.
- Collaborate and assist with the preparation of progress reports and data requests.
- Supports proposals and grant writing activities by assisting other team members. Proposal tasks may include, but are not limited to: proposal task management; form completion; drafting sections of proposal content; developing graphics and charts.
- Complies with all applicable regulations, maintains proper records in accordance with SOPs and policies.
- Masters degree in computer science, applied math, economics, engineering, epidemiology, data analytics or related public health field and/or at least 2 years of experience in a relevant discipline.
- Health care related experience.
- Programming experience using one or more of the following: SAS, MATLAB, Python, or SQL.
- Experience in analyzing health outcomes from health insurance claims data and electronic medical record data would be advantageous.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Adept in basic data analysis using R and or SAS, or proficient in other programming languages.
- Understanding of general research objectives and overall research procedures.
- Familiarity with research databases, data management and statistical analysis of large databases including, but not limited to: Medicare databases from the CMS, insurance claims databases from private insurance companies, public use data files.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge/skills in epidemiology, health statistics and economics would be advantageous.
- Understanding of econometrics modeling would be advantageous.
- Ability to execute assigned project tasks within established schedule.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Applicant should be organized, self-motivated and capable of working autonomously and in a collaborative environment.
About Lake Nona Medical City
Lake Nona Medical City is a landmark for Orlando, and a premier location for medical care, research and education. Lake Nona’s cluster was built based on the proven theory that health care and life sciences facilities in close proximity to one another will accelerate innovation. In the years since, Lake Nona has become home to some of the nation’s leading hospitals, universities, research institutions, and health and life sciences companies. As it stands, these pioneering institutions are forming networks and synergies to advance health care while creating a job engine for the region.
About Tabula Rasa HealthCare
TRHC (NASDAQ:TRHC) is a leader in providing patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize medication regimens to improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs and manage risk. TRHC provides solutions for a range of payers, providers and other healthcare organizations. For more information, visit TRHC.com.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Lake Nona Region, Orlando, FL, USA