Software Product Engineering - Staff Engineer
Our goals are to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. To accomplish these goals, we constantly seek individuals who look for ways to do things better. We are a company whose
cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement.
Tabula Rasa HealthCare (TRHC) is a leader in providing patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize performance to improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk. Medication risk management is TRHC’s lead offering, and its cloud-based software applications, including EireneRx® and MedWise™, provide solutions for a range of payers, providers and other healthcare organizations.
TRHC empowers our employees to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. Our 32Fundamentals are what we are and who we are. Our culture cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement. As a part of our team, you will help us bring innovative service models to healthcare, improving patient outcomes.
A Staff Engineer will:
- Understand how to position and maintain API products for internal and external consumption across enterprise.
- Lead, advise, and maintain the design of API specs and tooling across the entire API lifecycle including:
- Design APIs
- Governance Adherence
- API Standard Linting
- Design, Develop and Test OAUTH2 and JWT policy management modules
- Testing Development pre and post-flow policies and transformation between API endpoints
- Address documentation at rendering, Swagger, and Deployment automation.
- Deliver and maintain awareness of how APIs impact developers consuming the internal and external APIs.
- Participation and ownership in all stages of the development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and support.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to other technical members
- Learn new technologies and resolve challenges involved in integrating new technologies with our systems.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Complete miscellaneous projects as assigned or requested.
- Understand and adhere to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements.
- Design, Developing, testing, and documenting RESTful APIs; with event-driven design, patterns utilizing message queues
- Strong analytical abilities, organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Work closely with the Product Team in evaluating current systems and making decisions on future development.
- Provide advice, training, and technical support guidance for various internal and external integrations.
- Identify actions and approaches that can add value, improve efficiencies and increase our ability to deliver quality software.
- Comfortable with large projects in source control (git), continuous integration, and writing unit tests and integration tests.
- Design, develop and implement solutions around both micro-service and monolithic architectures.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or related practical experience.
M.S. in Computer Science or similar technical field of study(preferred)
Experience & Training:
- 8+ Years of software product development experience in an Agile environment using languages such as Node/JS, Java.
- Real-world experience building software with OOP, functional programming languages, and principles with languages.
- Technical domain expertise in API design, building and maintaining API Management Solutions
- Experience developing, testing, and documenting managed services with RESTful APIs.
- Experience developing, testing, and documenting event-driven microservices with asynchronous messaging patterns.
- Demonstrated ability to solving complex problems and collaborating in a team environment, yet capable of executing independently.
- A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts, event-based programming and design patterns, and the principles of routing, client/server programming.
- Demonstrated passion and ability to learn new technologies and standards quickly.
- Knowledge of security, encryption, and secure coding standards.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with healthcare and e-prescribing related technologies and standards (FHIR, HAPI FHIR, meaningful use, Familiarity with HL7 FHIR a plus).
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and AGILE development practices, tools, and methodologies.
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Experience with performance and load testing.
Experience with tools for development (GIT, JIRA, Confluence), platforms (Docker, Cloud Foundry, AWS), data (top SQL, MySQL), and telemetry (Sentry).
- Fast-paced environment.
- Collaboration across remote sites within the company.
- Celebrate success!
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Mt Pleasant, SC, USA