MTM Call Centers - Pharmacist
Our goals are to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. To accomplish these goals, we constantly seek individuals who look for ways to do things better. We are a company whose
cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement.
Tabula Rasa HealthCare (TRHC) is a leader in providing patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize performance to improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk. Medication risk management is TRHC’s lead offering, and its cloud-based software applications, including EireneRx® and MedWise™, provide solutions for a range of payers, providers and other healthcare organizations.
TRHC empowers our employees to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. Our 32Fundamentals are what we are and who we are. Our culture cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement. As a part of our team, you will help us bring innovative service models to healthcare, improving patient outcomes.
If you are seeking the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, innovative team made up of people who are passionate about their mission - come to MedWiseRx and help us make a difference in our community!
MedWiseRx (a division of Tabula Rasa Healthcare) is a growing and innovative health care company whose mission is to provide the highest quality healthcare solutions for health plans, patients, and caregivers through Medication Therapy Management (MTM) programs, services, and products.
MTM is a personalized service designed to optimize health outcomes for individual patients. Through the MedWiseRx program, pharmacy interns, pharmacy technicians, and pharmacists as a team work directly with patients, their providers, and community pharmacists to ensure optimal treatment while reducing the risk of adverse events and drug interactions. The MedWiseRx program is unique in its ability to identify and triage drug-related problems at a population level on a per patient basis.
As a MedWiseRx employee, you’ll enjoy:
- An environment of excellence and high-quality service
- Focus on people, communication, trust, and improvisation
- Competitive salaries
- Generous benefit plans
- Paid leave and holidays
JOB PURPOSE: A Pharmacist is responsible for supporting the development, delivery, and enhancement of services provided through the Medication Therapy Management (MTM) programs and services by both MedWiseRx Medication Therapy Management (MTM) programs and services; as well as MedWiseRx administrative operations. The assigned duties, functions, activities and responsibilities all primarily focus on providing direct medication therapy management services to patients with all types of medication management needs in a call center environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Provides medication therapy management services, including:
- Examination of patient medical records, performing comprehensive medication reviews, and communicating with patients and providers through outbound calls.
- Performs interactive, telephonic comprehensive medication reviews with patients.
- Builds and maintains successful service relationships with patients by interacting professionally and pro-actively.
- Provides patient educational information to positively impact patient compliance.
- Provides specialized review of patient profiles, drug utilization, and makes recommendations for modifications of drug therapy.
- Evaluates medication profiles to determine if changes are warranted to optimize the patient’s drug therapy and minimize potential for adverse drug reactions or interactions.
- Recommends alternative medications, alternative dosing, or other modifications (including discontinuation of medications) as appropriate.
- Reviews drug therapy plans with patients, and physicians as needed.
- Works in a multidisciplinary team environment to provide, develop, and enhance MTM program services.
- Provides clinical oversight and expertise to the Medication Therapy Management team providing Comprehensive Medication Reviews (CMR); taking escalated CMR calls as scheduled or requested.
- Quantifies and tracks performance metrics for the MTM team and provides regular reporting to management.
- Monitors and reviews CMR and MTM documentation as scheduled and on an ad hoc basis when needed.
- Supervises a team or Pharmacy Technicians, Pharmacy Interns, and undergraduate support staff by providing education, guidance, and direction.
- Documents and reviews performance objectives, roles, and responsibilities with team staff.
- Performs reviews and of MTM calls and associated documentation for accuracy and efficiency.
- Provides scheduling and completion of medication reviews, completion of medication therapy interventions, and serving as a drug information resource to patients.
- Ensures maintenance and compliance with clinical standards of the MTM services provided and remains up to date with clinical knowledge.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of policies and procedures and performs in accordance with applicable regulatory and accreditation requirements or standards as they relate to assigned responsibilities and functions.
- Involvement with University of Arizona College of Pharmacy activities and events.
EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s or Doctoral Pharmacy degree from an approved and accredited college or university.
EXPERIENCE: Preferred: At least two (2) years’ pharmacy operations experience; of this at least one (1) years’ prior experience working in an MTM call center environment is desired.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess and maintain a current Pharmacist License in accordance with a respective state licensing board of residency.
- Must obtain Oregon and Minnesota pharmacist license upon hire as well as obtain additional state licensures as needed throughout employment.
- Must obtain a Board of Pharmacy Specialties Certification in either Ambulatory Care or Geriatric Pharmacy.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Tucson, AZ, USA