Pharmacy Intern- $250 Sign On Bonus!
Our goals are to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. To accomplish these goals, we constantly seek individuals who look for ways to do things better. We are a company whose
cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement.
Tabula Rasa HealthCare (TRHC) is a leader in providing patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize performance to improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk. Medication risk management is TRHC’s lead offering, and its cloud-based software applications, including EireneRx® and MedWise™, provide solutions for a range of payers, providers and other healthcare organizations.
TRHC empowers our employees to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. Our 32Fundamentals are what we are and who we are. Our culture cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement. As a part of our team, you will help us bring innovative service models to healthcare, improving patient outcomes.
If you are seeking the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, innovative team made up of people who are passionate about their mission - come to MedWiseRx and help us make a difference in our community!
MedWise RX (a division of Tabula Rasa Healthcare) is a growing and innovative health care company whose mission is to provide the highest quality healthcare solutions for health plans, patients, and caregivers through Medication Therapy Management (MTM) programs, services, and products.
Medication Therapy Management (MTM) is a personalized service designed to optimize health outcomes for individual patients. Through the MedWiseRx program, pharmacy interns, pharmacy technicians, and pharmacists as a team work directly with patients, their providers, and community pharmacists to ensure optimal treatment while reducing the risk of adverse events and drug interactions. The MedWiseRx program is unique in its ability to identify and triage drug-related problems at a population level on a per patient basis.
Our Pharmacy Interns are responsible for performing clinical duties, tasks, and assignments that will support either MedWiseRx Administrative Operations or MedWiseRX Medication Therapy Management (MTM) programs and services.
Under the direct supervision of a pharmacist, the Pharmacy Intern provides medication management services to patients and clients of MedWiseRx, including:
- Makes outbound “cold calls” offering medication management services to patients.
- Completes comprehensive medication reviews live and over the phone that target a variety of chronic conditions.
- Provides drug and behavioral counseling via a structured interview format as required by the program sponsor and clients. The structure of counseling sessions may vary depending on program sponsor.
- Contacts the patient’s prescriber(s) to authorize therapeutic interchanges, reviews potential duplicate therapies, and/or consults with the prescriber as appropriate and conveys any patient therapeutic change authorizations from prescribers as well as any other recommendations for therapy modifications to the patient’s dispensing pharmacy.
- Documents all services provided and recommendations made including declination of service by patients.
- Maintains performance standards including, but not limited to call volume and quality, consistent with other center interns.
REMOTE WORK REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- A quiet workspace
- A computer
- A reliable high-speed internet connection
- A landline or other dedicated phone
As a MedWiseRx employee you will enjoy:
- An environment of excellence and high-quality service
- Flexible schedules
- Focus on people, communication, trust, and improvisation.
- Competitive salaries
- A relaxed work environment.
EDUCATION: Must be enrolled in or have completed a formal course of study to become a pharmacist from an approved and accredited college or university.
EXPERIENCE: Preferred: prior experience working in a MTM call center environment and/or with a geriatric population in a healthcare environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Possess and maintain a current Pharmacy Intern License from the respective and applicable State Board of Pharmacy.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Intermediate skills and understanding of computer software, healthcare systems and programs, and Microsoft Office: specifically, MS Excel. Ability to communicate at effectively and professionally through written, verbal, and interpersonal skills as applied when interacting with employees, clients, or agency representatives; successfully conveying and exchanging information in a positive manner.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Phoenix, AZ, USA