Pharmacy Technician - $1,250 Sign-on Bonus
TRHC is offering a $1,250 Sign-on bonus to new employees that join our team. In addition to this bonus, you will receive competitive pay, benefits, set schedule with better hours, 401K, PTO & career growth while working in a professional environment.
Under the direction of the COO or Pharmacist in Charge, the distribution Pharmacy Technician is responsible for preparing, filling and distributing prescriptions according to client orders/specifications, maintaining equipment and inventory in the pharmacy and record keeping related to patient and drug information.
- Receives electronic prescriptions, weekly batches or refill requests and accurately and efficiently fills the prescriptions under the direction of the Pharmacist. Performs pharmacy tasks such as handling, counting, mixing and packaging medications.
- Is responsible for selecting and importing orders for automation equipment dispensing, printing labels, and order management required to dispense prescriptions. Operates and monitors robotic machines that dispense medications.
- Assists in entering minor edits to record correct dispensing quantity and manufacturer NDC used to dispense prescription order.
- Prepares blister packs.
- Prepares and stages pharmaceutical supplies and drugs in the correct bins for delivery.
- Performs reclamation duties.
- Uses pharmacy software to check and/record data about prescriptions.
- Maintains proper storage and security conditions for the drugs. Cleans and helps to maintain equipment and work areas.
- Receives, stores and logs inventory and returns (upon Pharmacist approval), verifies quantities against invoices, and informs supervisors of stock needs or shortages. Remains aware of expiry dates and rotates stock to avoid dispensing out of date products.
- Uses pharmaceutical technician expertise to ensure compliance, efficiency and quality of operations. Participates in company quality initiatives, recognizing opportunities for improvements and reporting quality assurance issues. Secures information in accordance with the privacy and security guidelines of the Company and applicable regulations such as HIPAA.
Education: High school diploma or GED required.
- Current NJ Technician registration.
- Excellent typing/data entry accuracy with good speed.
- Good computer skills to navigate proprietary and other pharmacy software.
- Able to compile, code, categorize, calculate and verify data.
- Able to count, measure and weigh Rx components.
- Strong listening/reading comprehension.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Understanding of clinical terms and impacts.
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities without sacrificing quality.
- Detail oriented and organized.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Moorestown, NJ 08057, USA