Associate Manager, Private Equity Accounting
5 Maxwell Dr, Clifton Park, NY 12065, USA ● Cincinnati, OH, USA ● Columbus, OH, USA ● Virtual Req #319
Monday, April 19, 2021
The Associate Manager provides daily accounting support for the Fund Team and is responsible for all areas relating to client financial reporting. The Associate Manager oversees daily team activities and assists in supervising staff to ensure the work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. The Associate Manager position will require regular direct interaction with clients and team members.
This position will require a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with preferably 3-5 years’ experience in those fields. Successful candidates must have experience in forecasting and budgeting during an accelerated growth period. Experience in the following: performance management (including coaching, progressive discipline, performance review delivery etc.), training, talent acquisition and retention. Ability to communicate professionally and effectively through written and oral communication with current and potential clients.
- Oversee the preparation and distribution of quarterly financial statements to the Limited Partners to report information regarding the performance of the Fund;
- Oversee the preparation of schedules to support the general ledger balances reported in the financial statements;
- Calculate, prepare, and distribute capital call notices to the Limited Partners to notify them when contributions are due;
- Understand and interpret terms set forth within the Limited Partnership Agreement;
- Calculate and review complex waterfall structures;
- Complete required regulatory forms to ensure the Fund complies with specific regulation requirements;
- Calculate and distribute proceeds to Limited Partners to return capital owed to them;
- Communicate directly with the General Partners and respond promptly to their requests to provide them with the information they require;
- Review investment packages to confirm the securities purchased are wired to the correct beneficiary and are for the appropriate amounts;
- Calculate management fees owed to the Management Company for the investment and portfolio management services they provide to the Fund;
- Interact with auditors and provide them with reports/support to assist them during the audit;
- Complete audit confirmations to satisfy procedures performed for the audits of the Limited Partners;
- Ability to multi-task between different tasks, client deliverables and internal demands throughout the day;
- Provide supervision, guidance and coaching to the team, including regular training support as needed;
- Continually updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; internal company and team trainings; maintains personal networks; participates in professional development opportunities and;
- Additional duties as assigned by management
- Advanced Responsibilities ✓ Demonstrate mastery of technical skillset including use of Excel and other software utilized by the Fund Team; ✓ Demonstrate mastery of subject matter when advising clients on various client questions or concerns;
- Consistent resource for other team members with regard to technical questions or questions pertaining to team processes and procedures; ✓ Conduct ongoing team trainings while providing input as to the continued training opportunities at a global-company level; ✓ Provide daily leadership across the team and the organization.
- 3 – 5+ years’ (relevant) experience in Accounting or related field;
- 3 – 5+ years’ supervisory experience in the following: performance management (including coaching, progressive discipline, performance review delivery etc.), training, talent acquisition and retention;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field;
- Advanced degree (MBA or MSA) in Accounting or related field strongly preferred;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is strongly preferred;
- Experience in forecasting and budgeting during an accelerated growth period;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with knowledge of Investran or other partnership accounting software a plus;
- Ability to multitask, time management, attention to detail, planning and problem-solving skills required;
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally and effectively through written and oral communication with current and potential clients and;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle/manage multiple team and individual priorities and deadlines.
Ultimus Leverpoint is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of the applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, citizenship or any other status entitled to protection under federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws. No questions on our employment application are intended to secure information that is to be used for impermissible purposes.
- Pay Type Salary
- 5 Maxwell Dr, Clifton Park, NY 12065, USA
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Columbus, OH, USA