Staff Accountant II - Fund
LeverPoint is a boutique Fund Administration firm that has been providing customized solutions for firms since 1995. Today, LeverPoint services over $54 billion in assets for Private Equity, Venture Capital and Real Estate clients.
LeverPoint’s continued growth and success is illustrated by our loyal employees who are passionate about their work. Our commitment to building careers is reflected in the dedication to provide our employees with the latest technology, education, and training tools they need to succeed. LeverPoint has created a company culture of positive and enthusiastic attitudes cultivated through respect and encouragement of our employees.
We are focused on growing our team
with talented, self-motivated individuals. If you are interested in exploring
employment opportunities at LeverPoint, then we invite you to apply online.
Once your application is complete you will be updated on the status of your
application via email.
LeverPoint is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
LeverPoint is currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our Fund Team. The Staff Accountant provides daily accounting support for Private Equity and Venture Capital fund clients. Responsibilities consist primarily of recording daily accounting activities across multiple funds. Such accounting activities include: journal entries related to investments, capital calls, line of credit activity, distributions, client report preparation and/or review of cash reporting, expenses and accruals. This position will require regular interaction with clients and team members. Successful candidates will possess the following
This position will require a Bachelor’s Degree in
Accounting, Finance or related field with preferably 1-3 years’ experience in
those related fields. Successful
candidates must have proficiency in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks. Ability to multitask; excellent
communication, time management, planning and problem-solving skills. Ability to communicate professionally and
effectively through written and oral communication with current and potential
- Preparation of basic journal entries and general ledger maintenance;
- Preparation of periodic recurring bank reconciliations (i.e. weekly or monthly) and cash composition reports;
- Preparation of quarterly and annual reporting packages prior to management approval;
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements prior to management approval;
- Preparation of basic capital calls and distributions prior to management approval;
- Preparation of correspondence with client investors to address inquiries;
- Prepare team wires/transfers prior to treasury approval and sign off;
- Completion of special projects as required;
- Continually updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; internal company and team trainings; maintains personal networks; participates in professional development opportunities and;
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- 0-3 years’ (relevant) experience in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field;
- Advanced degree (MBA or MSA) in Accounting or related field strongly preferred;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to multitask, time management, attention to detail, planning and problem-solving skills required;
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally and effectively through written and oral communication with current and potential clients;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Pay Type Salary
- 5 Maxwell Dr, Clifton Park, NY 12065, USA
- Columbus, OH, USA