Senior Accountant I - Tax
Ultimus LeverPoint is currently seeking a Senior Tax Accountant.
This position will prepare Federal and State Income Tax Returns for Private Equity and Venture Capital clients. Responsibilities include, but not limited to collecting necessary information in order to prepare work papers according to the firms’ standards, utilize tax software to prepare returns and other filings, and researching and documenting tax positions and will have regular contact with clients and Ultimus LeverPoint accounting teams regarding deliverables and other issues
This position will require regular interaction with designated clients and Ultimus LeverPoint team members.
- Prepare or review work papers and tax returns for the Tax Team’s most challenging clients, provide constructive review comments as needed;
- Utilize the tax preparation software to complete Federal and State Tax Returns, and other filings and deliverables;
- Oversee the processing of tax filings and the distribution of deliverables;
- Research and document tax positions to support client files;
- 3 – 5+ years’ (relevant) experience in the tax field;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field;
- Advanced degree (MBA or MSA) in Accounting or related field strongly preferred;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or Enrolled Agent (EA) certification is strongly preferred;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience with RIA GoSystems preferred, but not required;
- Ability to multitask, time management, attention to detail, planning and problem solving;
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally and effectively through written and oral communication with current and potential clients;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and handle/manage multiple team and Individual priorities and deadlines.
- Pay Type Salary
- 5 Maxwell Dr, Clifton Park, NY 12065, USA