IT Support Specialist
Ultimus is looking for an IT Support Specialist to maintain, upgrade and manage our end-user related software, hardware, and IT infrastructure.
The primary responsibility of an IT Support Specialist is to provide direct IT support to Ultimus end-users and clients in the spirit of excellent customer service and a positive attitude.
Resourcefulness and adaptability are necessary skills in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience and customer service skills to effectively communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot end-user software and hardware systems.
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain end-user systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot IT and facility related issues/outages.
- Ensure security through access controls and firewalls
- Upgrade systems, applications, and services with new releases and patches
- Provide after-hours support with occasional weekend or holiday work for implementations/migrations/conversions.
- Build technical documentation, manuals, and ‘how-to’ articles
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a System Administrator, Helpdesk Administrator, IT Support Specialist, or similar role within IT infrastructure.
- Administrator level experience with various Microsoft & BSD operating systems and platforms.
- Administrator level experience with Microsoft O365 product suite.
- Knowledge of end-user system security and data recovery.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoy and participate in an open and collaborative team environment.
- Experience with workstation imaging systems, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management are a plus.
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language is a plus.
- Ability to lift boxes and rack equipment weighing up to 40lbs.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 5 Maxwell Dr, Clifton Park, NY 12065, USA