LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER - SERVICENOW
St. Louis, MO, USA ● Virtual Req #155
Thursday, June 3, 2021
Under minimal supervision, formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding, documentation, coding and testing required to develop or modify moderately complex information systems. Performs at the highest technical level of all phases of systems analysis and programming activities. Provides guidance for other team members. Demonstrates thorough understanding of the business/function for which applications are designed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- 3-5 years of prior experience architecting ServiceNow
- Coordination with professional services and vendors associated with ServiceNow
- Identifies, analyzes, and documents business/technical requirements and systems specifications. Provides technical knowledge and ability to architect solutions by mapping product requirements and business problems to technology solutions.
- Performs software coding, develops and executes software test plans, implements/deploys information systems, and coordinates efforts among several developers during systems development process.
- Evaluates vendors and vendor-supplied applications and deploys/integrates vendor-supplied software.
- Generates suggestions for process/product improvement. Communicates status of assigned work to management and follows practices and procedures covered by precedents, standards, or policies.
- Ensures the efficient development of optimal information systems through a variety of duties including management of tasks within schedule and budgetary constraints, coordination of development/implementation efforts across disciplines, generation/presentation of users’ training materials/development plans, and expansion of knowledge applicable to technical platforms and applications.
- Maintains knowledge of current technology and software design trends and best practices. Leads team of developers and assists in the development of programmers/analysts through coaching and training.
- Ensures the efficient development of effective information systems through a variety of duties including projection of budgetary constraints, generation/presentation of users’ training material, and expansion of personal knowledge of applicable technical platforms and applications.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Education, License or Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Systems discipline, or related fields; or, an equivalent combination of education and relevant business experience.
- 5-7 years’ experience in IS development/support
- 3-5 year’s experience in ServiceNow development/integrations/support
- Proficiency in applicable software development tools, standards, and methodologies including familiarity with Software Quality Assurance tools.
- Job Function Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- St. Louis, MO, USA