INTERNATIONAL MOVE COORDINATOR
Under general direction, constructs pricing, plans and coordinates logistic trafficking, and provides excellent customer service of international household good shipments. Responsible for meeting established shipment volume, earning, billing and quality metric targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritizes daily tasks based on importance and global time zone availability of customer, vendor or agent.
- Responsible for meeting assigned region’s established revenue, earnings, closing ratio and customer service targets.
- Constructs competitive quote options to secure bookings from customers.
- Interprets rate agreements for customs clearance requirements, documentation needs, competitiveness of rates, and quality of service to our clients.
- Negotiates price reductions to enhance profitability.
- Provides COD cost details to shipping customer and coordinates payment.
- Understands account specific requirements and communicates to participating agents.
- Establishes and manages customer expectations through proactive communication.
- Provide customer service and shipment counseling.
- Coordinates the movement of shipments through underlying carriers (air, sea, land, and rail).
- Establishes shipment routing plans to meet both customer expectations and shipment profitability.
- Arrange for services with vendors and agents, in accordance with each shipment’s routing plan.
- Proactively verifies with vendors and agents that assigned tasks are on schedule, according to the transportation plan.
- Updates assigned workflow task management system daily to remain in current status by the close of each business day.
- Provides shipment status updates to customers, agents and national accounts in a timely manner.
- Explains customs regulations and documentation to customers and agents, providing assistance as needed.
- Ensures recoverable expenses incurred outside of standard quote parameters are brought of the attention of the customer and accounting for timely collection, in accordance with instructions obtained from the booking agent/national account.
- Investigates customer service and logistics problems.
- Develops effective recommendations and negotiates solutions in a highly professional and tactful manner.
- Enforces standards of the Service Level Agreement.
- Provides feedback to management on vendors and agents when performance is not in accordance with the Service Level Agreement.
- Arranges short notice vendor payments via approved payment methods.
- Reviews invoices from underlying carriers which exceed budgeted costs; provide Revenue Accounting with payment and billing instructions.
- Some travel may be required
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Education, License or Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum one (1) year move coordination or equivalent experience.
- Job Function Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- St. Louis, MO, USA