GOVERNMENT - TRAFFICKER
St. Louis, MO, USA Req #172
Wednesday, July 14, 2021
Under general supervision, coordinates the logistic trafficking of international household good shipments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritizes daily logistic tasks based on importance and global time zone availability of vendor or agent.
- Arrange for services with vendors and agents as outlined by the move manager and order management system.
- Proactively verifies with vendors and agents that assigned tasks are on schedule, according to the transportation plan.
- Problem resolution skills to investigate and propose alternative solutions to the move manager when faced with logistic scheduling or service issues.
- Negotiates price reductions to enhance profitability.
- Updates assigned workflow task management system daily to remain in current status by the close of each business day.
- Receive inquiries from and provides shipment status updates to move managers, customers, agents and national accounts.
- Provides COD cost details to shipping customer and coordinates payment via Corporate Cash.
- Ensures that recoverable expenses incurred outside of standard quote parameters are brought to the attention to the move manager in a timely manner to ensure timely collection, in accordance with instructions obtained from the booking agent/national account.
- Provide feedback to management on vendors and agents when performance is not in accordance with the Service Level Agreement.
- Arranges short notice vendor payments via approved payment methods.
- Answers inquiries from agents, national accounts, and customers.
- Assist move manager in reviewing invoices from underlying carriers which exceed budgeted costs to determine the cause and provide Revenue Accounting with payment and billing instructions.
- File master bill of lading within vendor deadlines.
- File AES documents in accordance with US Department of Commerce deadlines.
- Proof Ocean Bills of Lading for accuracy.
- Distributes appropriate fail-safe documents to participating agents.
- Distribute shipment documents to participants of a move.
- Performing mathematical computations to determine volume and weight factors
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Education, License or Certification:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience in transportation / customer service preferred.
- Job Function Non-Exempt
- Pay Type Hourly
- St. Louis, MO, USA