MANAGER OF EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
Under general direction, responsible for providing leadership and guidance in developing and implementing human resources strategy to support UniGroup’s business goals/objectives, specifically in the areas of employee relations, talent acquisition, retention, performance management, and company culture, while ensuring policies and procedures are in compliance. This role will be critical in supporting UniGroup’s military business unit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continually evaluate results of departments in relation to established company goals and objectives, and design approaches to improve organizational, operational, and people strategies.
- Provides direction to HR Generalists, HR associates, and company managers in the daily administration of HR services, including but not limited to recruitment and selection, performance evaluation, and employee relations in accordance with goals/objectives of the organization.
- Provides direction to Talent Acquisition Consultant in the daily administration of the recruitment and selection process in filling staffing needs and assisting in the hiring and onboarding process as required.
- Manage investigations and the resolution of ongoing employee relations issues thoroughly and fairly, providing evidence-based recommendations and initiating appropriate steps for resolution.
- Develops and implement corporate human resource policies, procedures and new approaches that are consistent with company goals, making changes when needed to effect continual improvement.
- Partners with managers to strengthen their role in the talent management process, including goal setting, performance reviews and management and identification of development opportunities.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations affecting HR management and advises management and employees accordingly.
- Identifies human capital trends that could impact organizational objectives and/or operational resources.
- Nurture a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Participates in and leads projects as assigned.
Education, License or Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management/Development, Business Administration or related field.
- Preferred professional designation or graduate degree in Human Resources, or related field.
- Five or more years of strategic HR experience including employee relations and talent development expertise, with at least two years in a management capacity.
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
- Military service or experience preferred.
- Job Function Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- St. Louis, MO, USA