SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER: LEADINGEDGE
is a group of applications that streamline and enhance the process of distributing Headquarters-generated leads across our network of agencies. UniGroup has a robust Marketing presence that generates and vets hundreds of thousands of household move leads a year. The application allows our agents to interface with this program, letting us know exactly what type and how many leads they want to receive each month, and in turn informing our Marketing exactly where they need to direct their resources. Under the hood, an advanced distribution and fulfillment system is making sure the leads generated by our Marketing Campaigns are being dispersed equitably and fairly across all eligible agents. Survey Scheduler assists in this process while also streamlining the customer experience, entirely skipping in the Move Surveying process that have historically been an inevitable part of the process.
To this end, we are a team of full stack engineers building tools to provide value for our users. We prioritize writing clean, robust strong tested code. Our current tech stack consists of Kotlin, Spring Boot, TypeScript, and React applications running in Kubernetes. Going forward we'll be building our new backend services in TypeScript/NodeJS but still maintain our services in Kotlin/Spring Boot. Familiarity with PostgreSQL, OAuth 2, JWTs, REST, and SPAs is helpful.
We value collaboration and prioritize pair programming. If you're a team player who enjoys building meaningful, quality software, we'd love to talk with you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education, License or Certification:
- Identifies, analyzes, and documents business/technical requirements and systems specifications.
- Creates and performs software coding.
- Creates and enforces software quality standards.
- Implements/deploys information systems.
- Evaluates vendor-supplied applications and deploys/integrates vendor-supplied software.
- Generates suggestions for process/product improvement.
- Communicates status of assigned work to management and follows practices and procedures covered by precedents, standards, or policies.
- Ensures the efficient development of optimal information systems through a variety of duties including management of tasks within schedule and budgetary constraints, coordination of development/implementation efforts across disciplines, generation/presentation of users’ training material/development plans, and expansion of knowledge applicable to technical platforms and applications.
- Leads teams of developers/integrators and assists in the development of programmers/analysts through coaching and training.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems OR equivalent experience.
- Job Function Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- St. Louis, MO, USA