New Product Launch Manager
The New Product Launch Manager is a key contributor to the economic and technical success of Voyant Beauty NJ Operation. This role has responsibility for product line extensions, new product introductions, and overall customer initiative management, to include the primary interface between the customer, the operating facility and various Voyant Beauty technical representatives. As owner of the NJ Site Initiative Management process, New Product Launch Manager is expected to be the primary project receiver within the site and liaison to ensure smooth, on-time and successful project implementation. The primary responsibilities for this position are:
- Leads a cross-functional product commercialization teams, to ensure project schedules and deliverables are met according to the Business Plan and Project Charter.
- Drives initiative details and provides primary conduit for communication into and out of facility and a all associated Voyant Beauty global accountability groups.
- Owns all new product launches and the SKU modification process within the Ohio operating site, to include the interface with Voyant Beauty and Customer R&D/Innovation groups from scale up through full scale commercial batch production.
- Manage the required product and process documentation including, but not limited to, checklist items, scorecards, project charters, technology transfer packages, and relevant qualification documents.
- Coordinates the resolution of all checklist items issues. Identifies and communicates critical path items for product commercialization with all key business partners.
- Point-of-contact for project inquiries such as cost, timing, and overall project status.
- Owns the technology transfer of products to new manufacturing sites, aligned to Voyant Beauty Focused Factory initiatives. Assists the target plant with the requirements to maintain process equivalence.
- Develops and implements the qualification schedule providing on-site coverage and training as needed.
- Promotes Operation's initiatives such as continuous process improvement and customer Cost Improvement Projects.
- Functions as critical customer interface to manage updates, issue resolution and general project metrics
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated technical capabilities in the area of process design, process scale-up, and unit operations in the manufacturing sector is required.
- Functional experience in managing and executing multi-phased projects in a diverse operating manufacturing model.
- Excellent and demonstrated verbal and written communication, with proven ability to clearly communicate technical information, project details and deliver proper company messaging in all situations.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated application of Project Management software tools and project development and tracking methodologies.
- Skills in project management required. Strong organizational skills required. Ability to establish timelines and meet deadlines a must.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion/influence skills required. Team influential leadership capabilities required.
- Must maintain professionalism and flexibility while working under pressure of deadlines and dealing with ambiguous situations. Must be able to develop solid working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Must be able to interact effectively in multicultural situations which includes coverage of nonstandard work hours.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint required. Working knowledge of SAP systems highly preferred. Knowledge and application of data/statistical analysis tools preferred (Minitab).
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of related and relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Background in product/process development, commercialization, pilot plant, or manufacturing desired.
- BS/MS degree in Engineering, Chemical or equivalent technical degree.
- Desired experience supporting multi-national brands in the cosmetic/health/beauty industry.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills. Self-starter, mature, independent and dependable.
- A strong balance of results driven analytical skills which demonstrate confidence, conviction and collaboration to the customer.
- Ability to work across all levels of the organization including shop floor, senior management, and cross functional teams.
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our company does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Voyant Beauty complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Pay Type Salary
- Holmdel, NJ, USA