About Voyant Beauty:
We are a fast, flexible and dynamic, system-based strategic partner of the health and beauty industry. We specialize in the development, manufacturing and distribution of the world's most noticeable personal care and OTC drug products. We’re seeking a highly-driven, dynamic, motivated Facilities Mechanic to join our dynamic team Ridgefield, New Jersey.
2nd shift: 3:30pm-12:00am
Responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, etc.); Perform general cleaning. Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre‐established check sheet.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, refrigerators, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, parking lots, and other work areas.
- Ensures establishment of Facilities PM schedules for targeted site equipment as pertaining to the facility.
- Documents proper closeout and tracking of PM completion.
- Keeps all PM documentation pertaining to role in an orderly file storage area in preparation for audits.
- Understands and follows all safety procedures to operate, maintain and clean equipment (Lock out tag out, Personal Protective Equipment, etc.).
- Order parts and maintain required documents.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to read work instructions, training manuals, quality standards and other material written in English.
- Strong team players. Treats all team members with dignity and respect. Behaves with integrity
- Can trouble shoot complex problems with the use of mechanical, electrical and pneumatic prints/schematics.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work flexible work hours - including weekends
- High Pressure Black Seal Boiler License
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Voyant Beauty complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.