Motor Vehicle Mechanic
Motor Vehicle Mechanic
Under the general direction of a senior mechanic or shop supervisor will:
* Interpret and understand technical manuals or other documentation required to assist senior mechanics with the diagnosis and troubleshoot of electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic faults on military equipment required to make repairs within the specified time limits.
* Dissemble, repair, and assemble military vehicles, equipment and systems within the specified time limits.
* Work with and have general knowledge of shop procedures as they relate to the maintenance and refurbishment upgrade of various military equipment and systems.
* Document supply and maintenance repair actions on military, manual or commercial computer systems, Must possess the physical ability to perform the job while standing for long periods of time; lifting over 50 pounds, working in inclement weather and wear Personnel Protective Equipment.
* Must perform assigned tasks with a minimum of supervision.
* Must be able to work in a team environment with customers, engineers and other personnel to complete the task.
* Knowledgeable of power tools, special tools, equipment and common tools required to make repairs.
* Must be an effective communicator to maintain continuous liaison with supported activities.
* Must have general technical experience in an engineering or technical
discipline that is relevant to the specific work assigned.
* Technical experience must have involved performing specific assignments in at least one life-cycle phase, i.e., strategic planning, concept development and requirements analysis, system design, engineering and integration, test and evaluation, integrated logistics support, and acquisition and life cycle management.
* Must be knowledgeable in performing technical related tasks in some or all of the following: planning; equipment analysis; system/component installation integration; interoperability; inventory tracking and assessments; modification methodologies; installation planning; use of drawings and technical data; database structuring, testing and troubleshooting; supportability and logistics support; engineering investigations; maintenance repair/installation; safety and environmental precautions; packing/unpacking; power/electrical distribution system analysis; facilities/building requirements; cabling; piping; configuration management; product data management; integrated product team or multi-discipline team.
* High School graduate or equivalent.
* Technical training in a related technical discipline or related science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
* One year of relevant experience may be substituted for one year of education in the appropriate curriculum
*Must possess a minimum of 5 years experience performing directly related activities.
Think Analytically, Effective Verbal Communication, Effective Written Communication, Make Decisions, Observe/Examine Details, Remember Details, Interpret Data, Discriminate Colors, Concentrate on Tasks, Adjust to Changes, Handle Stress/Emotions
Regular Attendance, Maintain Work Schedule, Attend Meetings, Meet Deadlines, Keyboard/Type, Use, Math/Calculations, Stay Organized and Operate Equipment.
Stand, Sit, Walk, Talk, Climb (Stairs/Ladders), Push or Pull, Balance, Bend, Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, Craw, Reach, Talk, Hear, See, Taste, Smell, Repetitive Motion, Eye/Hand Coordination, Fine Manipulation, Lifting Up to 50 Pounds, Carrying Up to 50 Pounds
Fumes/Mists, Gases/Odors, Dust/Dirt, Wet/Slippery Surfaces, Humid, Extreme Temperatures, Mechanical Hazards, Electrical Hazards, Chemical Hazards, Radiant Energy Hazards, Burn Hazards, Vibration, Sharp Objects/Tools, Heavy Machinery, Moving Parts, Noise
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Heavy Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Service Technicians and Mechanics
- Pay Type Hourly
- Texarkana, AR 71854, USA