Deputy Director, Acquisition & Lifecycle Support Services (Contingent)
VSE is searching for a talented, senior-level professional to manage and oversee a professional support services program for the PMS 325 Program Office supporting Support Ships, Boats, & Crafts.
An ideal candidate will have significant program management experience supporting the US Navy, preferably in the area of acquisition and lifecycle management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The candidate's responsibilities may include (but are not limited to) performing, supporting, or supervising the following actions:
- Plan, organize, direct, and control all contractor personnel to ensure all contractual obligations are fulfilled, quality standards are met, and associated expectations of performance are achieved.
- Track project financial data and generate reports as required.
- Provide strategic, facilitative, and decision support services. Analyze existing problems, identify/assess alternative sustainment, enhancement strategies, provide recommendations, and assist in defining requirements for future programs.
- Interface with the Government customer to ensure quality and expectations are met, and proper procedures are followed per the customer's instructions.
- Ensure all contractual deliverables are met as per contract stipulated reporting deadlines.
- Establish Program Growth Strategies and implement departmental growth structure to support strategy.
- Develop schedules, Plans of Action and Milestones (POAMs). Delegate/coordinate work within the program.
- Prepare and update program plans, monitor progress and performance against these plans.
- Evaluate and approve decisions that impact the scope, budget, or schedule of the program.
- Regularly review status of the program and customer deliverables.
- Active secret (minimum) security clearance.
- 15 years of experience with DoD acquisition processes, in DoD/Navy program management, Industry or Government technical management, or Industry or Government business management.
- 5 years of experience in communicating, interacting, and working among Senior Executive Service and Flag level personnel.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification recognized by Project Management Institute (PMI) or equivalent DAWIA certification
- Must have experience with common productivity software including Microsoft Office. Familiarity with Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be highly organized with attention to detail.
- Must be comfortable and capable interacting with contractor peers, Government customers, and active-duty military personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in related field, or ten of minimum 20 years of experience was gained because of in-depth experience and specialized knowledge in the related field.
- 10 years supervisory experience.
- Experience in working with foreign clients and export control, including International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) issues and international security cooperation policy.
Think Analytically, Effective Verbal Communication, Effective Written Communication, Make Decisions, Observe/Examine Details, Remember Details, Interpret Data, Discriminate Colors, Concentrate on Tasks, Adjust to Changes, Handle Stress/Emotions.
Regular Attendance, Maintain Work Schedule, Irregular Hours, Attend Meetings, Meet Deadlines, Keyboard/Type, Handle Confidential Info, Use Math/Calculations, Stay Organized, Operate Equipment.
Stand, Sit, Walk, Climb, (Stairs/Ladders) Push or Pull, Balance, Bend, Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, Crawl, Reach, Talk, Hear, See, Repetitive Motion, Eye/Hand Coordination, Fine Manipulation, Lifting Up to 25 Pounds, Carrying Up to 25 Pounds.
Fumes/Mists, Gases/Odors, Dust/Dirt, Wet/Slippery Surfaces, Humid, Extreme Temperatures, Mechanical Hazards, Electrical Hazards, Vibration, Sharp Objects/Tools, Heavy Machinery, Moving Parts, Noise.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Alexandria, VA, USA