Inside Machinist (Contingent)
SUMMARY: VSE Corporation is seeking for an Inside Machinist (Contingent) for Egypt In-Country.
Applicant must have a working knowledge of NAVSEA Standard Items that are applicable to shipyard production, ship maintenance and ship repair. Must also have shop lead experience utilizing lathes, milling machines, boring mills, vertical turret lathes and other machine tools to support repair efforts in support of approved technical work packages and technical publications.
This is an unaccompanied billet, but the successful applicant can have family member/dependents with them at the successful applicant’s own expense.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform intermediate and depot level repairs on all types of main propulsion systems, subsystems, equipment, and auxiliary machinery typically found aboard former US. Navy vessels and boats in support of Egyptian Navy shipboard lifecycle maintenance requirements.
- Primarily tasked with performing expert operations of lathes, milling machines, boring mills, vertical turret lathes and other machine tools to support repair efforts using approved technical work packages and technical publications.
- Additional tasking includes, but is not limited to, supporting removal and repairs to shafts, rudders, and other engineering systems and subsystems typically found aboard U.S Navy vessels and boats.
- Candidate must be proficient in the use of hand tools, precision measurement tools and possess a thorough knowledge of standard shipyard practices.
- Provide detailed and technically accurate written condition and open and inspection reports. Use technical publications to identify and order required repair parts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have possess an extensive, knowledge and experience, in US Naval or civilian machine shop intermediate-level and depot-level repair procedures, repair and maintenance standards, quality assurance specifications, and proper use of IMA industrial machinery.
- Minimum of 5 years Shipyard or Naval experience with a minimum of 5 years of specific Inside Machinist/IMA or Shipyard experience.
- Candidate should be an expert in operation of lathes, milling machines, boring mills and vertical turret lathes.
- Must be able to work both independently and with a team.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient with basic computer operation with ability to create and maintain various reports and spreadsheets as required.
- Must be able to interpret vessels blueprints and ship drawings along with research of ships systems manuals to identify problems as they arise.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate,
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
- Have experience working in an Arab country for long periods of time.
- As an In-Country team member the successful applicant is expected to maintain a good working relationship with Egyptian Navy counterparts in a dynamic work environment.
- Applicant is expected to work set hours of Saturday-Thursday, 8-hour days and additional hours as needed (typically 2 hours prior to and/or after work at Egyptian Navy locations).
- Current Competent Person Certification
(INCLUDE LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, SECURITY CLEARANCE, TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS, ETC.):
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
- Must be able to obtain a Country Clearance and Base Pass authorization.
- Applicant must have a current passport with at least 2 year prior to expiration after arrival in Egypt.
- A secret security clearance is recommended but not required.
- Successful applicant will be forward deployed in Alexandria Egypt and work as part of a In Country Technical Assistance Team (ICTAT).
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Alexandria, Alexandria Governorate, Egypt