Warehouseman – Contingent
SUMMARY:VSE Corporation is seeking two (2) Warehousemen for Egypt In-Country.This is a Contingent requirement.
Applicants must have a working knowledge of inventory and warehouse operations.
This is an unaccompanied billet, but the successful applicant can have family member/dependents with them at the successful applicant’s own expense.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:(include scope of authority)
The successful applicants will have the ability to manage, direct, execute and control the schedule and performance of a property accountability, supply, and warehouse team. The successful applicants shall coordinate all Contractor activities related to day-to-day property accountability, inventory, and warehouse operations.
Candidate should be familiar with and have the ability to supervise and monitor the following types of responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
- Program Management
- Property Accountability Services
- Material Receipt and Inspection
- Offload and In-Check
- Receive, document, and induct In-Bound Materiel into Navy ERP
- Process Open Orders, Bills of Lading, WMFs, and Completed Files
- Discrepancy & Deficiency Reporting
- Government Acceptance Transaction Verification
- Identification & Cataloging
- Conduct Material Storage, Warehousing, COSIS & Issuing procedures
- Manage Warehousing/Re-warehousing operations and reporting
- Materiel Handling Equipment and Lifting
- MHE Training and Licensing
- Preservation, Packaging, Packing and Marking (PPP&M)
- Inventory Management
- Customer Service Support
- Materiel Movement and Analysis
- Supervise Motor Vehicle Operators (MVO)
- Provide Digital Data Management
Candidate should be able and willing (personally and overseeing others) to
- Unloads and loads trucks or other common carriers.
- Verifying number of crate/pallet and/or boxes to verify the quantity matches the delivery driver's shipping documents e.g., Bills of Laden (BOL).
- Conduct visual inspections (external/Internal) for physical damage to the crate/pallet and/or box.
- Assists in documenting of defective or discrepant material used for initiating required discrepancy reports.
- Move material to specified areas either by hand or by use of powered or non-powered materials handling equipment.
- Assist in the receiving, unpacking, and checking incoming material against invoices or bills of lading to verify items and quantities received.
- Annotates receipt documentation and forwards to supervisor/records keeper for posting to receipt and inventory records.
- Assists in the consolidation and packing of content in tri-walls, crates, or shipping containers for both air and surface shipment.
- Palletize, band, and wrap material for shipment.
- Organize warehouse and work area to maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Wear the proper safety equipment
- Follow safety procedures and proper material handling to prevent personal injuries and/or material damage
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (INCLUDES EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES), ETC.):
- Candidate must be proficient in the use of hand tools and possess a thorough knowledge of standard warehouse practices.
- Candidate shall have a High School Diploma or GED Certificate and a minimum of five years in a warehouse management capacity, at least seven years of experience with U.S. Navy supply systems. Prior U.S. Navy military experience preferred.
- Must be able to work both independently and with a team.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient with basic computer operation with ability to create and maintain various reports and spreadsheets as required.
- Must be resourceful and able to work around problems or issues that may arise.
- Must be able to work independently without support or with a team.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs. repetitively over the course of a workday
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (INCLUDE LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, SECURITY CLEARANCE, TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS, ETC.):
- Should have prior warehouse experience or a working knowledge of expectations and safety protocols related to a warehouse environment.
- Have experience working in an Arab country for long periods of time.
- As an In-Country-Team member the successful applicant is expected to maintain a good working relationship with Egyptian Navy counterparts in a dynamic work environment.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
- Must be able to obtain a Country Clearance and Base Pass authorization.
- Applicant must have a current passport with at least 2 years prior to expiration after arrival in Egypt.
- A secret security clearance is recommended but not required.
- Successful applicant will be forward deployed in Alexandria Egypt and work as part of a In Country Technical Assistance Team (ICTAT).
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LI-REMOTE
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Stock Clerks- Stockroom, Warehouse, or Storage Yard
- Pay Type Salary