Weapons Technician – Contingent
SUMMARY:VSE Corporation is seeking an experienced Field Service Engineer Weapons Technician to inspect, repair, and provide material list for repair parts on the MK-75 76mm Gun (Compact and Super Rapid) and MK-13 GMLS.This is a Contingent requirement.
Applicant must have a working knowledge of NAVSEA Standard Items that are applicable to shipyard production, ship maintenance and ship repair onboard US Navy vessels.
This is an unaccompanied billet, but the successful applicant can have family member/dependents with them at the successful applicant’s own expense.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:(include scope of authority)
The successful applicant will be required to provide consulting oversight and On-the job (OJT) training to workforce of Egyptian Nationals during the execution of ship availabilities for various ship platforms as required and directed by in-country VSE management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform Material Condition Assessments on MK 13 GMLS missile system and MK 75 Gun components.
- Troubleshoot and repair associated MK 13 GMLS and MK 75 hydraulic and pneumatic control systems, magazine sprinkle systems, fixed CO2 systems and water injection systems.
- Interpret technical documentation, specifications, and wiring schematics to identify and isolate problems with the launching systems.
- Provide operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting and repair instruction to the MK 13 GMLS, MK 75 and associated ancillary systems to the foreign navy shipboard crew.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (INCLUDES EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES), ETC.):
- Completion of Navy Gunnery A School or OEM Technical Program.
- Graduated MK 13 GMLS and/or MK 75 Gun "C" school and have 15+ years of experience in the operations and repair of the MK 13 GMLS and/or MK 75 Gun systems.
- Must be proficient using general and special purpose electronic test equipment to perform organizational level maintenance.
- Must have a working knowledge of Navy assessment programs, visit processes and reporting methods for visits.
- Must have experience with regular usage of accepted current instrumentation for diagnosing equipment.
- Must demonstrate an ability to interpret wiring diagrams, control schematics and plans and the ability as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to troubleshoot, analyze and provide support for Guided Missile Launching and Gun weapon systems equipment and associated magazine sprinkler, water injection and fix CO2 systems.
- Provide reports to project team regarding any assessments, repairs, and troubleshooting executed on systems.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (INCLUDE LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, SECURITY CLEARANCE, TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS, ETC.):
- Applicant must have a current passport with at least 2 years prior to expiration after arrival in Egypt.
- Have experience working in an Arab country for long periods of time.
- As an In-Country-Team member the successful applicant is expected to maintain a good working relationship with Egyptian Navy counterparts in a dynamic work environment.
- Have previous FMS experience
- Certified Master Training Specialist
- Prior FFG shipboard experience
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
- Must be able to obtain a Country Clearance and Base Pass authorization.
- Successful applicant will be forward deployed in Alexandria Egypt and work as part of a In Country Technical Assistance Team (ICTAT).
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LI-REMOTE
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Engineering Technician
- Pay Type Salary