Marine Electrician – Contingent
SUMMARY: VSE Corporation is seeking for Field Service Engineer that is an SME for operation, maintenance, and repairs of naval shipboard electrical systems for Egypt In-Country. This is a Contingent requirement.
Applicant must have a working knowledge of NAVSEA Standard Items that are applicable to shipyard production, ship maintenance and ship repair onboard US Navy vessels.
This is an unaccompanied billet, but the successful applicant can have family member/dependents with them at the successful applicant’s own expense.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:(include scope of authority)
The successful applicant will be required to provide consulting oversight and On-the job (OJT) training to workforce of Egyptian Nationals during the execution of ship availabilities for various ship platforms as required and directed by in-country VSE management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Locates circuit failures and replacing parts; measures current, voltage, and resistance; tests for shorts, grounds, and continuity; tests protective circuitry; tests, services and replaces batteries as needed.
- Performs preventive maintenance on digital data equipment and control and monitoring circuits; measures insulation resistance; repairs electrical/electronic cables, wiring and connectors, maintains alarm, indicating, and warning systems.
- Produce detailed reports on inspections, assessments, and suggestions on repairs and maintenance of naval shipboard electrical systems.
- Works with blueprints, schematics, and charts. Performs administrative procedures related to running an electrical repair shop. Performs work area inspections and operates standard test equipment.
- Adjusts operating tolerance of contacts, micro switches, relay switches, pressure switches and temperature switches.
- Provide instruction to shipboard crews on the maintenance and repair of shipboard electrical systems.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (INCLUDES EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES), ETC.):
- EM A- school
- Prior fleet service in rating
- Candidate must be proficient in the use of hand tools, precision measurement tools and possess a thorough knowledge of standard shipyard practices.
- Minimum 5 years Shipyard or Naval experience
- Combined 15_ years of marine electrician experience on various military vessels.
- Must be able to work both independently and with a team.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient with basic computer operation with ability to create and maintain various reports and spreadsheets as required.
- Must be able to interpret vessels blueprints and ship drawings along with research of ships systems manuals to identify problems as they arise.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (INCLUDE LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, SECURITY CLEARANCE, TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS, ETC.):
- Have previous Foreign Military Service (FMS) experience
- Senior Electrician Mate
- Certified Master Training Specialist
- Prior FFG shipboard experience
- Have experience working in an Arab country for long periods of time.
- As an In-Country-Team member the successful applicant is expected to maintain a good working relationship with Egyptian Navy counterparts in a dynamic work environment.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
- Must be able to obtain a Country Clearance and Base Pass authorization.
- Applicant must have a current passport with at least 2 years prior to expiration after arrival in Egypt.
- Successful applicant will be forward deployed in Alexandria Egypt and work as part of a In Country Technical Assistance Team (ICTAT).
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LI-REMOTE
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly