Gas Turbine Mechanic – Contingent
SUMMARY: VSE Corporation is seeking for Field Service Engineer that is a subject matter expert (SME) for operation, maintenance and repairs of engineer’s systems associated with Gas Turbine class ships for Egypt In-Country. This is a Contingent requirement.
Applicant must have a working knowledge of NAVSEA Standard Items that are applicable to shipyard production, ship maintenance and ship repair onboard US Navy vessels.
This is an unaccompanied billet, but the successful applicant can have family member/dependents with them at the successful applicant’s own expense.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful applicant will be required to provide consulting oversight and On-the job (OJT) training to workforce of Egyptian Nationals during the execution of ship availabilities for various ship platforms as required and directed by in-country VSE management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Subject matter expert (SME) for operation, maintenance and mechanical repairs of engineer’s systems associated with Gas Turbines.
- Evaluate related documents including drawings, specifications, work procedures, inspection plans, and work packages.
- Provide technical support for sourcing, installing, servicing, and repairing turbine components, consumable hardware, and subassemblies.
- Provide instruction and practical training on operation, maintenance and repair of Gas Turbine and associated shipboard equipment to shipboard personnel.
- Provide detailed reports of assessments, repairs, required parts, and any additional valuable information to project team.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (INCLUDES EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES), ETC.):
- GSM A and C-school
- Prior fleet service in rating
- Have 15+ years of experience in LM 2500 / Gas turbine propulsion systems
- Certified Gas Turbine Inspector
- Knowledge of rating technical manuals and references
- Engine room Monitor and Operator Qualifications
- Must be able to work both independently and with a team.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
- EOOW qualification and/or EPCC experience
- Have previous Foreign Military Service (FMS) experience
- Prior FFG shipboard experience
- Have experience working in an Arab country for long periods of time.
- As an In-Country-Team member the successful applicant is expected to maintain a good working relationship with Egyptian Navy counterparts in a dynamic work environment.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
- Must be able to obtain a Country Clearance and Base Pass authorization.
- Applicant must have a current passport with at least 2 years prior to expiration after arrival in Egypt.
- Successful applicant will be forward deployed in Alexandria Egypt and work as part of a In Country Technical Assistance Team (ICTAT).
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LI-REMOTE
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary