FMC - OPV Planner – Contingent
SUMMARY: VSE Corporation is seeking for Fast Missile Craft/Offshore Patrol Vessel Planner for Egypt In-Country. This is a Contingent requirement.
Applicant must have a working knowledge of NAVSEA Standard Items that are applicable to shipyard production, ship maintenance and ship repair. Must also have shop lead experience related to shipyard production work on air compressors used onboard US Navy vessels.
This is an unaccompanied billet, but the successful applicant can have family member/dependents with them at the successful applicant’s own expense.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful applicant will be required to provide consulting oversight and On-the job (OJT) training to workforce of Egyptian Nationals during the execution of ship availabilities for various ship platforms as required and directed by in-country VSE management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understand Offshore Patrol Vessels’ communications and operations.
- Familiar with various OPV engineering plant propulsion systems and supporting systems.
- Accustomed to weapons system and ranges onboard.
- Able to work with foreign nations and familiarize yourself with local customs and language.
- Prior shipboard experience is encouraged.
- Read and understand drawings, blueprints, and tech manuals to research for parts and materials.
- Evaluate subcontractor material requirement lists and validate estimated material costs through a review of historical records from recent purchase orders / projects, vendor quotations, and/or direct vendor contact.
- Conduct technical surveys/inspections of Navy small craft in operational/underway and dry-docked configurations.
- Must have knowledge of intermediate and depot level repair procedures, repair and maintenance standards, quality assurance specifications, and proper use of IMA industrial machinery.
- Candidate must be proficient in the use of hand tools, precision measurement tools and possess a thorough knowledge of standard shipyard practices.
- Minimum 5 years Shipyard or Naval experience with a minimum of 2 years of specific Outside Machinist/IMA experience.
- Must be able to work both independently and with a team.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient with basic computer operation with ability to create and maintain various reports and spreadsheets as required.
- Must be able to interpret vessels blueprints and ship drawings along with research of ships systems manuals to identify problems as they arise.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate,
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
- Should have prior shipyard maintenance experience or a working knowledge of expectations and safety protocols related to a shipyard environment.
- Have experience working in an Arab country for long periods of time.
- As an In-Country-Team member the successful applicant is expected to maintain a good working relationship with Egyptian Navy counterparts in a dynamic work environment.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
- Must be able to obtain a Country Clearance and Base Pass authorization.
- Applicant must have a current passport with at least 2 years prior to expiration after arrival in Egypt.
- A secret security clearance is recommended but not required.
- Successful applicant will be forward deployed in Alexandria Egypt and work as part of a In Country Technical Assistance Team (ICTAT).
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LI-REMOTE
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary