Aircraft Mechanic III
AIRCRAFT MECHANIC III
• Leads a team in the performance of aircraft maintenance, inspections, and scheduled / unscheduled maintenance.*
• Processes the technical experience to supervise subordinate mechanics and provide technical guidance on maintenance operations on the airframe being supported.*
• Maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components, and applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.*
• Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals.*
• Makes entries in aircraft logs and records.*
• Provides guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or maintenance efforts.*
* Essential function.
JOB REQUIREMENTS *
• High school diploma with at least 5 years of experience in repairing engines, sheet metal, structural, hydraulic, electrical, power train and general mechanical maintenance of moderate difficulty, required to meet the assigned missions.
• Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
• Detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
• Experience and ability to provide technical support to structural/mechanical engineers and customers alike must possess excellent organizational skills in prioritizing workload to meet aircraft delivery schedule.
• Capable of performing, supervising, and inspecting the duties of Mechanic Is, IIs, and IIIs.
• Current Secret Clearance preferred, the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance is required for continued employment.
• Valid VA drivers’ license is required.
• Eligibility for (and ability to maintain) CAC and Special Access Badge.
• Local training licenses and/or certification may be required.
• The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Think Analytically, Effective Verbal Communication, Effective Written Communication, Make Decisions, Observe/Examine Details, Remember Details, Interpret Data, Discriminate Colors, Concentrate on Tasks, Adjust to Changes, Handle Stress/Emotions
Regular Attendance, Maintain Work Schedule, Irregular Hours, On Call Hours, Attend Meetings, Meet Deadlines, Keyboard/Type, Use, Math/Calculations, Stay Organized, Operate Equipment, and Direct Others.
Stand, Sit, Walk, Talk, Climb (Stairs/Ladders), Push or Pull, Balance, Bend, Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, Craw, Reach, Talk, Hear, See, Repetitive Motion, Eye/Hand Coordination, Fine Manipulation, Lifting Up to 25 Pounds, Carrying Up to 25 Pounds
Fumes/Mists, Gases/Odors, Dust/Dirt, Wet/Slippery Surfaces, Humid, Extreme Temperatures, Mechanical Hazards, Electrical Hazards, Chemical Hazards, Radiant Energy Hazards, Explosives Hazards, Burn Hazards, Vibration, Sharp Objects/Tools, Heavy Machinery, Moving Parts, Noise
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Aircraft Mechanic and Service Technician
- Pay Type Hourly
- Norfolk, VA, USA