SUMMARY: Inspect, repair, overhaul, and modification of pneumatic components to insure airworthiness. Reads and interprets manufacturer and airline instructions, service bulletins, drawings, engineering orders, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repair, replacement, or modification.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Disassemble, clean, repair, and overhaul aircraft component.
- Effectively use Component Maintenance Manual (CMM).
- Ability to use measuring and test equipment in a Repair Station.
- Ability to process necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Understand the operating procedures in a 145 Repair Station.
- Ensuring that they are thoroughly familiar with the inspection methods, techniques, aids, tools, and equipment used within their assigned area of responsibility.
- Ensuring that the inspection tools and equipment, including inspection aids, used to perform inspections are in proper working order and the proper calibration information is fixed.
- Performing maintenance in accordance with the current technical data provided by manufacturers' Instructions for Continued Airworthiness, Service Bulletins, service letters, Airworthiness Directives, government and industry standard practices, and other data acceptable to or approved by the FAA.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Providing leadership and direction to all employees when needed/shop manager is off the floor.
- Cross training necessary.
- 2plus years' experience preferably in an MRO environment.
- A&P License preferred.
- Experience in aircraft manufacturing, installation, and repair/overhaul of aircraft components. Familiar with aircraft specifications as applied to final and in-process inspections.
- Hands-on, direct experience with components required.
- Is thoroughly familiar with the applicable CFRs and with the inspection methods, techniques, practices, aids, equipment, and tools used to determine the airworthiness of the article on which maintenance, preventive maintenance, or alterations are being performed.
- Knowledge on operation of on/off Pneumatic Valve, Solenoid Valve, Check Valve, Bleed Valve, Regulator Valve, Torque motor, Servo Actuator Valve, Narrow Body Starter, Flow Control Valve, Wide Body Starter, PDU (Power Drive Unit) and ACM (Air Cycle Machine).
- Is proficient in using various types of inspection equipment and visual inspection aids appropriate for the articles being inspected and approved for return to service.
- Preferred previous experience in lead role.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
- 5+years of experience in MRO environment.
- Repairman Certificate preferred.
(INCLUDE LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, SECURITY CLEARANCE, TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS, ETC.):
- High school diploma or equivalent
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Heavy Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Service Technicians and Mechanics
- Pay Type Hourly
- Miramar, FL, USA