Aircraft Survival Flight Equipment Tech 1
VSE CORPORATION SEEKS Aircraft Survival Flight Equipment Technician 1 IN THE NORFOLK, VA AREA
JOB DESCRIPTION *
AIRCRAFT SURVIVAL FLIGHT EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN I
• Disassembling, repairing, troubleshooting, examining, modifying, maintaining, installing, and determining serviceability of aircraft survival and flight equipment such as parachutes, life rafts, protective devices, oxygen masks, and anti-G-suits.*
• Performing operational and circuit checks of emergency signaling and communication devices such as survival radios and beacons.*
* Essential function.
JOB REQUIREMENTS *
• High school diploma.
• Knowledge of mechanical and electrical repair, maintenance procedures, pyrotechnic/explosive devices, and aircraft egress systems.
• Familiarity with aircraft assigned to unit and detailed knowledge of the operation and characteristics of aircraft survival and flight equipment.
• Ability to demonstrate and explain proper usage and operation of the equipment.
• Current Secret Clearance preferred, the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance is required for continued employment.
• Valid FL drivers’ license is required.
• Eligibility for (and ability to maintain) CAC and Special Access Badge.
• Local training licenses and/or certification may be required.
• The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Think Analytically, Effective Verbal Communication, Effective Written Communication, Make Decisions, Observe/Examine Details, Remember Details, Interpret Data, Discriminate Colors, Concentrate on Tasks, Adjust to Changes, Handle Stress/Emotions
Regular Attendance, Maintain Work Schedule, Irregular Hours, On Call Hours, Attend Meetings, Meet Deadlines, Keyboard/Type, Use, Math/Calculations, Stay Organized, and Operate Equipment.
Stand, Sit, Walk, Talk, Climb (Stairs/Ladders), Push or Pull, Balance, Bend, Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, Craw, Reach, Talk, Hear, See, Repetitive Motion, Eye/Hand Coordination, Fine Manipulation, Lifting Up to 25 Pounds, Carrying Up to 25 Pounds
Fumes/Mists, Gases/Odors, Dust/Dirt, Wet/Slippery Surfaces, Humid, Extreme Temperatures, Mechanical Hazards, Electrical Hazards, Chemical Hazards, Radiant Energy Hazards, Explosives Hazards, Burn Hazards, Vibration, Sharp Objects/Tools, Heavy Machinery, Moving Parts, Noise
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Aircraft Mechanic and Service Technician
- Pay Type Hourly
- Norfolk, VA, USA