AIRCRAFT WORKER (ELECTRICIAN)
VSE CORPORATION SEEKS AIRCRAFT WORKER (AIRCRAFT ELECTRICIAN) FOR THE NORFOLK, VA AREA
JOB DESCRIPTION *
• Repairs aircraft following orders of higher grade worker, assists in troubleshooting malfunctions in aircraft structure, landing gear, flight surfaces and controls, anti-icing, pneudraulic, engines, auxiliary power unit, and ventilation and heating systems, removes, cleans, reinstalls, or replaces defective parts, accessories, and components such as worn gaskets, couplings, and fittings, bad actuators, accumulators, gauges, sections of corroded fuel and oil lines.*
• May supervise the jacking and towing of aircraft, makes adjustments and settings such as cable tension and seat movement settings and adjustments.*
• Obtains standard parts such as fuel and oil line connections and fittings, cable linkage, and spark plug cables and harnesses by referring to parts manuals and by making comparisons with samples.*
• May perform pre-flight, thru-flight, and post-flight maintenance inspections and enter in the maintenance records description of the work performed.*
• Services engines and aircraft components at line station making repairs, short of overhaul required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition.*
* Essential function.
JOB REQUIREMENTS *
• High school diploma with at least 2 years of experience.
• Current Secret Clearance preferred, the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance is required for continued employment.
• Valid FL drivers’ license is required.
• Eligibility for (and ability to maintain) CAC and Special Access Badge.
• Local training licenses and/or certification may be required.
• The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Think Analytically, Effective Verbal Communication, Effective Written Communication, Make Decisions, Observe/Examine Details, Remember Details, Interpret Data, Discriminate Colors, Concentrate on Tasks, Adjust to Changes, Handle Stress/Emotions
Regular Attendance, Maintain Work Schedule, Irregular Hours, On Call Hours, Attend Meetings, Meet Deadlines, Keyboard/Type, Use, Math/Calculations, Stay Organized, and Operate Equipment.
Stand, Sit, Walk, Talk, Climb (Stairs/Ladders), Push or Pull, Balance, Bend, Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, Craw, Reach, Talk, Hear, See, Repetitive Motion, Eye/Hand Coordination, Fine Manipulation, Lifting Up to 25 Pounds, Carrying Up to 25 Pounds
Fumes/Mists, Gases/Odors, Dust/Dirt, Wet/Slippery Surfaces, Humid, Extreme Temperatures, Mechanical Hazards, Electrical Hazards, Chemical Hazards, Radiant Energy Hazards, Explosives Hazards, Burn Hazards, Vibration, Sharp Objects/Tools, Heavy Machinery, Moving Parts, Noise
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Norfolk, VA, USA